Moved to Simplifi from Mint 12/29/23

Options
Sheri
Sheri Member
edited February 14 in Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone, David and Sheri here. I've been using Mint since 2010. It's like giving up my favorite blanket. But I'll survive to transition to Simplifi! I have already benefited from reading several posts. Thank you.

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Sheri - Welcome from a fellow former Minter. I used Mint since 2014, and it has helped me be aware of my income and spending. Simplifi is helpful to me as well. I like its projected cash flow feature.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• grizz901
    grizz901 Member
    Options

Hi @UrsulaA and @Sheri

I migrated over from Mint this weekend. I'm looking at the projected cash flow feature and I want to get excited about it. Do you know the projected cash flow feature treats credit cards?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I pay my credit cards in full monthly. I set up my credit card recurring payments as transfers from my checking account to the corresponding card. The projected cash flow chart shows the checking account balance declining by the amount of the credit card payment.

I get email alerts from my credit cards a few days before the payment hits the checking account. I go into Simplifi and adjust the recurring payment reminder for the month to reflect the statement balance I am paying. Then, the checking account shows the outflow/transfer to the credit card accurately.

Simplifi does not bring in credit card statement balances or minimum payment due automatically, hence the step above of updating the payment reminder with the amount that is leaving the checking account.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Sheri

Hi David and Sheri. Welcome to Simplifi!

I've been using Simplifi for 2 years after using Quicken Classic for 20 years before that.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Sheri

Welcome David and Sheri!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.