Projected Cash Flow for Odd Income & Expenses

Options
thehoys
thehoys Unconfirmed, Member
edited February 9 in Projected Cash Flow

2 days into trying Simplifi for my AirBNB business. My income and cleaning expenses vary by month. I've placed my projected rental income in the "Income after Bills and Saving" section and cleaning expenses for each month in the "Planned Spending section." When I look at projected cash flow, neither transaction type shows up in the future cash flow calculations. The only thing impacting future cash flow are my utility bills. Why is that? How is future cash flow calculated? What can I do to get more things included in the future cash flow sections?

Best Answers

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16 Answer ✓
    Options

This topic has been debated quite a bit, but as of now, [Planned Spending] isn't reflected in the Cash Flow calculations. It kind of makes sense if you think about which date each expense should be subtracted from the projected cash flow. Simplifi only knows that you plan to spend X amount by the end of the month, it doesn't know on which specific date you'll spend the money.

Things that affect cash flow are bills (I list all my credit card bills with their due dates), planned income (I have recurring transactions for those), pending transactions (like checks you've written out to people that haven't cleared yet), etc.

If your cleaning expenses are regular and scheduled, entering them as recurring bills should cause them to show up on the Cash Flow. I'm not sure why the income you entered wouldn't show up, hopefully someone can help figure that out!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@thehoys, thanks for posting!

I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback to this existing request and then following it for updates:

We also have a support artcile available here that goes over using Projected Cash Flow in Quicken Simplifi: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3357429-using-projected-cash-flow

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.