How do I fix my problem caused by happy clicking

Options
N4KHQ
N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
edited February 9 in Managing Your Transactions

I just can leave well enough alone.

Simplifi is showing my SSA as the payee, for a YSA deposit that came in this morning. I changed all YSA categories from Pay Check to Personal Income yesterday. When the YSA posted this morning it said it had SSA as the Payee. It looks like I created a rule to change the payee when I was trying to change categories. I unlinked the recurring for the transaction showing above. I deleted the rule but I still have the wrong payee. Can I just paste the correct payee for the fix?

I also setup up recurring transactions for the two transactions yesterday it's possible I caused the problem it that area. I don't think anything I did in a spending plan could cause the problem. I was changing one thing at a time and checking but I did not think about new transactions.

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Questions:

Did the mistaken rule apply the payee change to all your prior payees? If so, you can sort the transaction list by payee and then change the payee in bulk.

Otherwise, changing the payee by hand will be fine by pasting the correct payee as you suggest.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Answers

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Only the payee for the transaction shown in the screen shot was changed. The category for all the YSA was changed from Pay Check to Personal income which was what I was trying to change. The only problem I have seen is the one transfer shown above. I pasted the correct YSA payee and a drop down allowed me to select the correct payee. From what I can see now, everything is fixed. Not sure how I messed it up or what will happen next month. Thanks

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am thinking now the problem was caused by connecting a recurring income to the wrong payee but not sure.

This discussion has been closed.