System Administrator admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Raymond James.

Tagged:

Comments

• Mjs
    Mjs Member
    Options

since yesterday…..trying to login to Raymond James returns a multi-authentication error

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Mjs, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, it looks like you're receiving an FDP-3000 error with Raymond James. When this particular error occurs on an existing account in Quicken Simplifi, we recommend the following steps:

1. Make the account(s) manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Rory
    Rory Member
    Options

Hi,

The same thing is happening to me. First I tried resetting the Raymond James accounts I had connected and it took me through the same flow as when I first added the account. I entered the Raymond James credentials, it prompted me with one of the security questions which I answered and then it gave me the same FDP-3000 error. I saw this post, followed the recommended steps, and got the same error on step 2. I can log in to my Raymond James account from their website with the same credentials. It seems that Raymond James changed something on their end, making them incompatible with Simplifi.

Regards,

Rory

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Rory, thanks for posting on this topic!

Please give these steps a try and let us know how it goes:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Rory
    Rory Member
    Options

Hi,

I tried all the steps listed except for step 5, Update your credentials. I'll try that and post my results. I don't think that should make a difference since I'm already using the correct credentials but who knows?

Regards,

Rory

• Rory
    Rory Member
    Options

Hi,

Verify the bank being selected

It's the correct URL and company for sure. I mean the same information was working before. It was only around January 11th that this problem occurred without me changing any credentials.

Verify your login information

I cut and paste from a password application I use, just as recommended. The credentials do work in Simplifi because then I get prompted with one of the three security questions from Raymond James, and I also cut and paste the answer to the question.

Verify your login at the bank’s website

I have verified my login.

Update your credentials

I haven't done this yet. I guess I'll try and see if somehow that helps but I don't see why that should make a difference if I'm using the correct credentials. I believe that Raymond James must have changed how their website is accessed and that Simplifi might need to do something to handle that update. It would be interesting to know if any other Raymond James customers can use Simplifi to access their accounts as of January 11, 2024.

Regards,

Rory

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Rory, for this particular error, we do need to ensure that all troubleshooting steps have been thoroughly followed.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Rory
    Rory Member
    Options

Hi Coach Natalie,

I updated my credentials on the Raymond James website and then re-entered the new credentials in Simplifi. Not only did all the accounts that worked before now start working again, but there was an enhanced savings one that had not worked before that is now working :-).

Thanks for the support.

Regards,

Rory

• eljay
    Options

I changed my password in Raymond James client access went through the add account process & the circle just spins

TIA

LWJ

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @eljay,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Is this happening in the web app, the mobile app, or both? Does the circle spin perpetually until you have to force close the app, or does it eventually finish? If it does finish, what happens? Is this happening only with Raymond James, or are you seeing this issue when adding other financial institutions also? Have you tried logging out of the app, then logging back in again?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• eljay
    Options

Raymond James accounts accounts did finally populate, however both Chase & Citibank give me the message that "As requested Quicken now has access to your ………….account" but accounts do not populate

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@eljay, I'm glad to hear Raymond James is working for you!

If you'd like to report and troubleshoot separate issues, you'd want to do so by creating a separate post for each individual issue and provide specific details as to what's occurring with that specific bank.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.