Showing unused funds where there are not any

Options
deaniely
deaniely Member
edited February 13 in Using the Spending Plan

Hi, I have a category in which I actually overspent, but keeps saying I have unused funds. How do I get this to go away?

Tagged:

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To get the "unused funds" to go away, you typically would wait to do this till the end of the month/first of the new month when you 'Close Out' the prior month. At that time, Simplifi does its best to walk you through the process and - at that point - you click the three dots and select the "Release to Spending Plan" option. At that point, the unused funds flag goes away and your Spending Plan amounts adjust to be more accurate.

However, if the numbers aren't adding up, there's something else going on that you might want to track down. I'm not sure what I'm looking at with your screenshot. Your planned spending is ?? You've spend $44.97 this month.

How do you have a negative planned spending…that is odd to me. When you filter by all your Clothing transactions, do you see both positives and negatives?

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It almost looks like the Planned Amount might be a negative number. I wonder!

This discussion has been closed.