Issue with Reports older than 5 years (edited)

Options
Bgz
Bgz Member ✭✭
edited April 12 in Using Reports

I found out that Simplifi has allowed looking at reports older than 5 years on the web browser. This is a welcome change. When I am looking at income or spending (older than 5 years), I have noticed that the report is not accurate. Some times it fails to pull in any information and hence shows no income or no spending.

For eg. If I say show income from 2012 to 2020, it says there is no income from 2012 to 2018. Some times, it shows the correct income, but when I filter by Payee, it fails to pull any income and says 0 income. Same happens with spending. All reports (income and spending) are visible and accurate from the iOS app.

Hope this bug is squashed soon.

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I found that for the reports to pull the data for all time I need, I need to go to the transactions list and set the time display to all time. Then, the reports show up correctly. This is needed for the over time reports. The total reports pull up all data without changing the transaction list filter (example all spending from 1.1.2014 to 12.31.2023).

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    Options

That seems weird to have to do that on the transactions page. The web browser slows down if we select all transactions (from all time). The reports tab should be made independent of what option is selected on the transactions tab.

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

@Bgz , I agree. Simplifi should be overhauled to allow users to access all data without performance speed suffering (which Mint is currently able to do). As discussed in the thread below, the "solution" to the performance slowdown issues of allowing users to limit transaction history (and thereby make older transactions inaccessible) feels more like a temporary bandaid than a true permanent solution.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi since the improvement on the transaction filter my transactions list page is loading just fine even with transactions since 2014. Only item that is slow is modifying payees on transactions when all of them are loaded.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19
    Options

I ran a report going back to 2014 while my transaction list was filtered to show only transactions from 2022 and later. The report worked without issue. I also noticed a version change for the web app. Looks like this bug is gone.

Update: The transaction list needs to be set to all time if you filter the report by category or tag or want to show the report in a different format than the initial load (going to over time from total or asking for a breakdown for income by category, for example).

Minter 2014-2023

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    edited January 19
    Options

@UrsulaA The “update” section of your post is the gist of my issue. I feel the report needs to be independent of (or override) whatever time filter is chosen for the transactions tab - especially considering I am choosing a specific time window for my report to drill down by payee or category. So in my opinion the bug still exists.

This issue does not seem to be affecting reports in the iOS app.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Bgz - agreed

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Bgz & @UrsulaA, it is my understanding that the 5-year limit was lifted from Reports because of the transactional data limit filters that were implemented, so I'm not sure if having those limits stay applied is a bug. However, I just ran a report back to 2018 and saw all of my transactions, even though my transactional data limit filter is set to "Since 2023" in my account register, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can someone provide a step-by-step outline, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19
    Options

Here are the steps to replicate the behavior we are seeing.

1. Start with transaction limit set to since 2022
    2. Go to reports window and run a report for income for all time (2014-2024) with default breakdown - by none and over time setting. Result - correct report with all transactions.

3. Change breakdown by payee

4. Result - Report lists breakdown by payee over time using the transaction limit filters

@Coach Natalie - my initial inkling was that the transaction list limits affect reports. We need to set up the transaction limit first to match what we need displayed in reports.

When I set the transaction limit to since All, the income chart by payee over time appears properly.

The report by total is also affected when breakdowns are used. Below is the total income report for all time with a transaction date limit since 2022 in the transaction

Result: Income shown since 2022

Chart with transaction limits removed, correctly displays income

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

@Coach Natalie @Coach Kristina - can either one of you confirm the following is the expected behavior of the web app for reports and transaction list date ranges?

For reports to display date with user specified date ranges, the user needs to select the transaction date limit first to match what the user needs displayed in reports. Set the transaction date limit to all time if a view of all transactions is needed in reports.

Example: If the transaction date limit is set to Since 2022 and the user selects a report between Jan 1, 2014 and Jan 23, 2024, the report will show data since 2022 as that is the date limit set. The issue is resolved with the user going back to the transaction list and expanding the Since… date range.

The mobile apps went back longer than 5 years when displaying history, as noted by @Bgz above for iOS, for example.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, thanks for providing the steps!

When doing some testing, it appears that the transactional data limits are not being properly applied to Reports when they are in their default 'Breakdown' state. When changing the default 'Breakdown' to something else, the older data went missing and the Report fell in line with my data limits. Changing the 'Breakdown' back to the default did not bring the older data back, and I saw this with the Spending Report as well.

I captured a video of the behavior and have gotten it reported. I'll let everyone know as soon as we receive an update.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-19356

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This issue is also not affecting reports on the Android mobile app. Only the web app shows the behavior.

Minter 2014-2023

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie This issue is still persists. Just checking to see if there are any updates regarding an ETA for a fix.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    Options

Is there any update on this item? Should we expect to adjust the transaction list date limits to match what we want reports to display going forward as outlined above?

I repeated the steps below with the mobile app version 4.18.1 in Android 10. I saw that the transaction list limits are not applied from the transaction list to the mobile app. I see all history on the reports displayed correctly.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, the bug ticket is still open and being worked on. Once the ticket is resolved, the issue should no longer occur, so I'll let you know as soon as they have a fix in so you can check things out from your end.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, a fix for this can be expected with the 4.4.0 Web Release.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tested this item, the issue is fixed!

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Woohoo!!

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I was waiting for web 4.4 release but the issue seems to be fixed with the current version itself. Thank you !

This discussion has been closed.