Transactions not linking in spending plan

Options
stevet7717
stevet7717 Member
edited February 20 in Using the Spending Plan

Many of my paid bills are not getting captured by the spending plan; for example I have a budget for my mortgage, and there is a mortgage payment in the "Mortgage" category but the spending plan doesn't see it.

What is the problem?

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Options

Have you set up the bills as recurring? If so, they will be listed above planned spending in the spending plan under income after bills and subscriptions.

The planned spending tiles only display items not set up as bills to avoid duplicates in the spending plan.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@stevet7717, thanks for posting to the Community!

If the transactions in question have downloaded from the bank but weren't automatically linked to the Recurring Reminder, you can manually link them by following the steps here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4436514-linking-transactions-to-reminders#h_e4557bd16b

Let us know how this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• stevet7717
    Options

All the bills are recurring. They show up in the transaction register and are marked paid, so Simplify is recognizing them. They just don't show up when I try to resolve outstanding items in the spending plan. One observation: all the transactions that don't show up are subcategories (e.g., mortgage is a sub of Home), and the transactions that do show up are top-level categories (e.e., Groceries.) I've seen comments elsewhere that subcategories aren't handled correctly so maybe this is the problem.

I've tried re-categorizing and then changing back but this made no difference.

• stevet7717
    Options

I tried deleting all my budgets and re-creating them using only top-level categories. This sorta works; for example the "Utilities" plan now sees the "Streaming Services" transactions but none of the others (Trash, Gas, Water and Electric, etc.)

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are trash, water, and electric included as recurring bills? If so, they will be listed under income and bills in the spending plan.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.