I added bank account 1st. Now can't import from Mint

Options
Jeffro14
Jeffro14 Member ✭✭

In my new simplifi app, I linked to my truist account first then exported csv file from Mint. But now there's no option to import my Mint csv file.

Also, Support article says to go to the web app—howdo I do that?

Thx,

Jeff

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Imports can only be done from the web app. Link to web app: https://app.simplifimoney.com/

Instructions to import from Mint: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8545901-how-to-import-transactions-from-mint

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Jeffro14
    Jeffro14 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks but the instructions apparently don't work when you link to a bank before trying to import a csv file…

But... the importing instructions say to go to the web app—I don't see how to get to the web app. When I open simplifi, it is just the mobile app—no option to get to the web app.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I imported Mint transactions to an existing linked bank account. You need to import to the specific account by using the single account instructions.

I provided the link to the web app, here it is again https://app.simplifimoney.com/ . Open it from your web browser on a computer.

Minter 2014-2023

• Jeffro14
    Jeffro14 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Ursula. I'll try it today. -Jeff

• Jeffro14
    Jeffro14 Member ✭✭
    Options

It worked but the checking section had double entries, like 2 of every deposit. Probably because I think I exported the csv file twice then imported it twice. So I deleted the Transactions excel file on the laptop and also uninstalled simplifi mobile app then reinstalled it. That got rid of the double entries but I had assumed I'd have to do the export-import process again, but the mobile and laptop apps both still show my banking info! How can that happen, since there's no longer a Transactions excel file on the laptop or the phone?...

Guess I'll have to contact quicken tomorrow to figure out this mess.

Thx again, Ursula.

Jeff

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    Options

If I was in your shoes, I will delete the account, re-create the account as manual, import the Mint transactions (wait for the import to finish and check if all transactions came in), and finally re-connect the account to the bank. After that, clean up any downloaded duplicates.

Minter 2014-2023

• Jeffro14
    Jeffro14 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thx. I might try that although I'm app-exhausted at the moment…

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    Options

I get it. I did my Mint imports over a few days. The process before was cumbersome, this version is better. Back in November, the categories did not even come in. I almost left Simplifi out of import frustration. Then, I came back and started over after a week. My initial bank import brought over almost 2 years of transactions.

Minter 2014-2023

• Jeffro14
    Jeffro14 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok, I'm inspired--I'll give it try tomorrow morning!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Once my import was complete my income, expenses, and expense parent category totals (e.g. auto & transport) matched to the penny. Glad to inspire! Patience is needed for this.

Minter 2014-2023

• Jeffro14
    Jeffro14 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ursula, tried but got muddled up. So I called simplifi support and they fixed it. thx again for your help! -Jeff

This discussion has been closed.