FDP-102 error adding Star One account

Options
seitz
seitz Member

When I tried adding my Star One account, I made a mistake answering a security question. Now when I retry adding the account, I get this error:
We are unable to connect to Star One Credit Union - New at this time. Please try again later.
Care Code: FDP-102

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@seitz, thanks for posting to the Community!

If the account is already added in Quicken Simplifi, I'd suggest resetting the connection: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

If the issue persists, I'd next suggest completely disconnecting and reconnecting the account by following these steps:

1. Make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• seitz
    seitz Member
    Options

I was unable to use the "How to Reset Your Account Connections" option because I never successfully added my Star One account.

I did add the account manually. I then went back through the Add Account flow, but I received the exact same error:
    "We are unable to connect to Star One Credit Union - New at this time. Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-102"

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@seitz, thanks for confirming!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to let you know as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10770010

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@seitz, it sounds like a fix may have been implemented for this. Can you give it another try and let us know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• seitz
    seitz Member
    Options

I tried again and did eventually get it working! This issue is now resolved. Thank you!

Initially, I did receive a new error when trying to add my Star One accounts:
    "A multi-factor authentication is required to connect to your account at Star One Credit Union - New
    Care Code: FDP-187"

I logged into the Star One web site, checked my security settings, and found that "No multifactor authentication" was currently selected. I changed that by selecting to enable having an OTP sent to my email address.

I then tried connecting to Star One again. This time I was prompted to enter my OTP code. I received the OTP in my email and entered the code into Simplifi. That worked, and my Star One accounts are now appearing!

This discussion has been closed.