Fix Bug: Duplicate Transaction Pulled (with User Transaction Date Change)

Options
aolafsson
aolafsson Member ✭✭✭

I back-dated a transaction because I had budgeted for it in the prior calendar month, but was late in making the purchase. A few weeks later, Simplifi re-pulled the same original transaction from the bank. Now I'm checking for other potential duplicates that may have been created by me changing dates. I should be able to change the date of a transaction without risking duplicate creation.

This seems like it must be the source of the duplicate creation. Has anyone else also noticed this? Could there be another reason Simplifi pulled a duplicate?

I opened a ticket with support before this post, but they were not able to help or say anything meaningful because I deleted the duplicates. If you run into this issue, don't delete the duplicates; reach out to support.

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @aolafsson,

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about this issue. Should the issue reoccur, once you have verified that the original and duplicate transactions both downloaded from the financial institution (instructions on how to do that can be found using this link), please reach out without deleting the duplicates so that we can investigate the issue further.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.