Cannot reconnect PNC Investment accounts - Hasnt worked for at least a month if not longer

Options

For the past month or two, I've been seeing the red exclamation point and a message "Account needs attention: To restore connectivity to your account, you must reconnect your bank." Additionally, the dollar amount values in the Accounts panel show outdated values.

I've tried multiple time to reconnect, and when you get to the list of accounts, my checking/savings accounts show up, but not my investment accounts. It almost looks like the PNC investment accounts are no longer supported by Simplifi.

Anyone else having this issue?

Note: Interestingly, I see updated Market Values in the individual account views, but I believe this is just because Simplifi is looking at my holdings and updating them with the most current share prices, but I am guessing that as soon as PNC makes any changes to my portfolio, this will no longer be up to date.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@floridaman5000, thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue!

I'd suggest following these steps to establish a completely fresh connection with PNC in Quicken Simplifi:

1. Make all of your PNC accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the accounts listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

If you experience any trouble with this, I'd suggest next trying from a different browser or in incognito mode. Since PNC Bank is one of our OAuth API banks, it could be that something in your primary browser is blocking their authentication flow.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• floridaman5000
    Options

@Coach Natalie I did follow these steps but the issue is that after I authenticate with PNC, it is only showing me my bank accounts, but my investment accounts are not listed. Is it possible that PNC made a change to their system?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

It is possible. It may also be that your investment accounts would be visible under another connection option. I can see you've connected using PNC Bank - Web Connect and PNC Bank - Direct Connect. If neither of those let you see your investment accounts, have you tried connecting to PNC Investments?

Let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• floridaman5000
    Options

I've actually tried every connection option and they all show my other accounts but not my investment accounts.

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Were you able to connect to PNC Investments? If not, did you get any error messages/codes? If you were able to connect, was it the same problem as the other connection options, where it wasn't seeing your investment accounts?

Did you reach out to PNC to find out if anything changed on their end?

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• floridaman5000
    Options

No error codes or messages. It's just that the list of accounts to select from (with the checkboxes next to each account) does not include investment accounts (although it used to but they stopped showing up back in Nov or Dec). It only offers bank accounts. And I get the same result no matter which connection option I use.

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Just to clarify, when you're referring to the list of accounts to select from, do you mean on PNC's website, while going through the authorization process, or are you referring to the screen in Simplifi that lets you choose whether to add or link the accounts (after completing the authorization on PNC's website)?

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• floridaman5000
    floridaman5000 Member
    edited February 7
    Options

Hi Kristina,

I mean on the following screen on PNC's website where you authorize access to Quicken. The retirement accounts no longer show up here for me as of approximately some time in November.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@floridaman5000, thanks for confirming!

I'm not seeing anything on our end that indicates investment accounts are no longer supported for PNC Bank in Quicken Simplifi. With that, and since you had the accounts connected prior, I'd suggest contacting our Support Team directly for more advanced troubleshooting and possibly an escalation.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.