Want the basics up front

Options
gdwaldon
gdwaldon Member
edited February 27 in Feedback

I don't really need all the bells and whistles of any budgeting app including Simplifi . All I want is the following:

1. Web and phone app
  2. Primarily display the budget I create with the current status of that budget based on the transactions so I know if I can spend money on the go.
  3. List of transactions to ensure they are accurate and properly categorized.

All the other features are gravy but I need the "mashed potatoes" above, before adding the gravy.

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For your inquiries

• Simplifi has both a web and phone app
    • Do you want to see actual versus target for all categories budgeted, including categorized bills?

If so, create a spending watchlist to see your spending with the target to know how you are doing. I have a planned spending plus bills watchlist that is helpful with this item.

• Or do you want to see how much you have left to spend in a given month?

The available to spend number lets you know if you can afford additional expenses. Positive means funds available, overspent means no funds available.

• Simplifi meets this - This part is dependent on your bank connections working well with Simplifi. Using rules to categorize commonly occurring payees helps. I get a Zelle payment monthly, which Simplifi categorizes as a transfer by default. I created a rule based on words on the original statement that correctly changes the payee and categorizes the transfer as income.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@gdwaldon

OK.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@gdwaldon

Really, #3 is on you to keep accurate regardless of what software you select. That said, the one thing that I LOVE about Simplifi is that if you're missing a transaction here or there or something isn't quite right for some random reason, it doesn't really matter - sure, it might drive you nuts from an OCD standpoint. It won't affect the current bank balance $. As long as your bank is synced, all your transactions should all be there, but life happens: kid find your laptop on and unlocked and changes $43.52 to $43.57 or $43.fsdfwewe, you fall asleep while doing data entry and click the delete button by accident, etc.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.