Some subscriptions displayed in the Spending Plan Bills section

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited January 29 in Report a Bug

I was editing my Spending Plan this morning to convert some bills to subscriptions. It seems to have worked only about half the time. In other words, I have several items now marked as subscriptions that are still displayed in the bills section.

But as you can see, 5 items that I edited into subscriptions are showing up in the correct place (Audible, Cat Treats, etc.)

Since this is an inconsistent issue for me, I plan to send logs

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks for reaching out!

To clarify, are the screenshots of your Spending Plan above for January or February? If the former, it looks like the Recurring Series itself has a next instance of February, which is where the change would apply to when saving that Series as a Subscription — have you checked February in the Spending Plan?

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie The screenshots are from February. All successive months also show these as bills rather than transactions.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks for confirming!

I'd suggest performing some troubleshooting to see if you can get the problem resolved. You can try changing the Series back to a Bill, saving it, and then changing it to a Subscription and saving it again. You can also try deleting and recreating the Series. You can try these steps with just one of the problematic Series at first to see how it goes, and then move on to the others if you find something that works. I'd also try signing out and signing back in or trying from a different browser if you're still not seeing the changes being made properly.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Using multiple browsers, I tried the following:

• Deleting the series and recreating it as a Subscription - this was successful.
    • Deleting the series, recreating it as a Bill, then editing to be a Subscription - This was not successful, it continued to display in the Bills section.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    edited February 7
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks for giving that a try!

I was able to reproduce this issue in my own Quicken Simplifi after editing a Series a couple of times. Even though I want the item back as a Bill, it is now stuck as a Subscription no matter what I do. 😞

With that, I'm glad that deleting and recreating the Series for the correct Type worked for you — feel free to do this with the rest of the problematic ones for an immediate solution, though I realize that this action causes a user to lose the history for that Series. Otherwise, I got this behavior reported as a bug and will let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-19567 / QCS-17635

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    Options

I had one new bill that was supposed to be a subscription. I created initially as a bill, edited such to be a subscription. Experienced the same behavior. I had to delete the series and recreate it as a subscription to fix.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, a fix for this issue is expected with the 4.0.0 Web Release.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey again everyone, it looks like a different kind of fix is needed for this, so they removed the fix version. I'll keep you all posted. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.