Bill Paid Notification says "less than" when it should say "more than" and vice versa (edited)

Options
System
System Administrator admin
edited February 26 in Report a Bug

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Notifications problem.

Tagged:

Comments

• llamafilm
    llamafilm Member
    edited January 29
    Options

Here’s yet another notification problem. I have a monthly Netflix bill for $22.99. I made a payment to the same payee for $30 which is unrelated to that bill, and it incorrectly assumed this was related to the bill series. That’s understandable, but the text is wrong, it says “less than expected” when it should say “more”.

[edited image to reduce size]

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@llamafilm, thanks for pointing this out!

I thought that this particular issue had been reported before, but I'm not finding an open ticket for it. I was able to reproduce it with one of my own Notifications, so I have reported it and will let you know when I hear back.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-19431

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The recurring series amount is $19.99 The actual payment was $22.99 The notification that this bill was paid says $3.00 less than expected.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

@DannyB, thanks for letting us know!

As you can see from the above discussion that I merged your post with, this issue has already been reported, so please be sure to follow along here for future updates.

-Coach Natalie

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    edited February 21
    Options

I have a water bill set up with a default amount of $100. This varies from month to month. It appears that when it's below the expected amount the toast notification text is incorrect. For example, this month it was $76.59 (which is $23.41 less), but the notification text says its "more".

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@budgetj75, thanks for reaching out to let us know!

As you can see from the above discussion that I merged your thread with, this issue has already been reported. Please continue to follow along here for updates.

-Coach Natalie

• carolinem
    Options

Following up to add my experience is the same w/r/t incorrect notifications of above or below expected transaction amounts. Super annoying to look at, seems like it should be a simple fix, but a different fix from the merged discussion.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got a notification today with the correct text when a bill was more than Simplifi expected on the mobile app.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Kurt Schumacher
    Options

Yes, I have experienced the same issue. I look forward to a resolution. thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.