Trying to include credit card payment from spending plan

Options
HealsBadMan
HealsBadMan Member

Hello, I am trying to include my credit card payments into my spending plan, I seem to have the ability to uncheck "money in" or "money out" in the transfers series but that does not seem to reflect any change on the spending plan side of things, I can manually change the money out exclusion in the spending plan page and it will reflect accordingly, but that only does that for that month, am I not doing something correctly?

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @HealsBadMan,

By default, Quicken Simplifi excludes transfers, including credit card payments, from the Spending Plan since it is seen as money shifting between accounts and does not impact net worth.

To be able to view transfers in your Spending Plan, please follow the directions from this article on how credit card payments and transfers are handled in the Spending Plan:

Include a Transfer Transaction in the Spending Plan

1. Hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Transactions.
    2. Locate the Transfer Transaction you'd like to include in the Spending Plan, hover over it, and then click the three dots at the end of it.
    3. Click Exclude from Spending Plan so there is no longer a checkmark next to it.

Include a Recurring Transfer in the Spending Plan

1. Hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Settings.
    2. Select Recurring.
    3. Locate the Recurring Transfer Series you'd like to include in the Spending Plan and click the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Edit series.
    5. At the bottom right, uncheck the box next to Exclude from Spending Plan.
    6. Click Update.

For instructions on doing the same process in the Mobile app, click this link.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member
    Options

hello @Coach Kristina

Thank you for the guide,

I believe I have followed the steps as followed, here is a picture of a recurring credit card payment before I made the change

Here is the change I made and made sure to click "Update"

Then here is the spending plan screen, still showing that the payment in the series is being excluded because it should be taking -136 into account against my spending plan if it were being excluded.

and Finally this is what I see when I click on the individual upcoming charge

Am I wrong or should this check mark be unchecked already because it is part of the series from picture 1 and 2 where I have unchecked to exclude from spending plan.

(note, I can uncheck this box here and I get the intended result, but it does not update for the entire series, just this one transaction, which can become tedious with many credit card payments (especially if you are out and about trying to gauge whether you can make a purchase quickly)

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I saw a similar problem with one of my transfer series. I deleted the series and recreated it with the exclusion from spending plan box unchecked. After that, the transfer series was correctly reflected in the spending plan.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member
    Options

@UrsulaA Not sure why I didn't think to try that before but that seems to have done the trick! Thank you so much!

This discussion has been closed.