Add a Subcategory column to transaction exports (edited)

Options
DavidB
DavidB Member ✭✭
edited February 7 in Feature Requests

I was surprised to see that when I export (download) data from Simplify that the Category field contains both the Category and the Sub-Catagory, separated by a colon. I import the data into a spreadsheet and can parse the field myself, but why don't you just do it for us? In other words, why don't you export the data into a Categoary field and a Sub-Category field?

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with your feedback and voted for the following feature request allowing for more detailed CSV exports. I am using Excel power query to parse the Simplifi export file to save in an Excel file, where I run more charts. The Excel file is a back up of my transaction and net worth history.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA Thanks. I see that I put this in "Feedback" instead of "Feature Request" - how can I move it to Feature Request?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Kristina can you make this a feature request? The request is per @DavidB as follows:

Split category: subcategory into their own fields on download. Specifically export the data into a Category field and a Sub-Category field

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA Thank you