Cannot search and find one of the split transaction (the other is found)

Options
tim o
tim o Member
edited March 28 in Report a Bug

so the search for 20.34 found the split transaction (see above)

Here is the split

but when I search for the 38.00 it does not find it

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4
    Options

This could explain some weirdness I have been seeing, but was unable to nail down like you have

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@tim o, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm not personally seeing this behavior in Quicken Simplifi, and I tested with a few different split transactions. To clarify, did this occur with just this one split transaction, or do you see it with multiple?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• tim o
    tim o Member
    Options

I tried the original above and that still does not work

I then checked another and 18.14 is found, $6 is not, 41 is not and when I type in 26.5 its found but NOT when I type 26.50 it did not

So 2 for 2 …. please fix.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@tim o, thanks for posting back!

I created a test transaction with the same split amounts as your most recent example, and I didn't have any problem locating the transaction when searching any of the amounts, though I did see the same thing you described with the 26.50 amount where it was found by searching "26.5", so this appears to be expected.

To clarify, for the even dollar amounts, are you searching for "6" and "41", or "6.00" and "41.00"? If the latter, can you try the former and let us know how it goes, please? Using your first example, I see that you searched for "38.00", and I noticed that I had to leave the decimals off in my search to locate the split transaction, so I'm wondering if that may be the key.

-Coach Natalie

• tim o
    tim o Member
    Options

18.14 works

6.0 does not work

Searching for 6 would be ridiculous

41 gets lots of irrelevant stuff

41. fails

41.0 fails

26.5 works but I hope you agree that 26.50 SHOULD work.

Thanks

Tim

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since we're seeing different results when testing this issue, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Simplifi Support for more advanced troubleshooting and data gathering about the issue. For instructions on contacting Support, please click this link.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Contacting support is a good idea. Also, refer to this thread, the issues seem related.

Try searching for amounts using the $ in front (example $6.0). You may get better results, I found more relevant transactions using $2.0 versus 2.0 in the search box.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA & @Coach Kristina Adding the $ solved my problem so as far as I'm concerned, it's no longer a support issue, so I won't be opening a ticket with them. I do think the search box in the UI should have a help link, perhaps like a little question mark that links to an explanation of how to use search.

Thank you both for your help.

David

This discussion has been closed.