Ability to run Reports by both Payee and Category (edited)

Options
mattklein123
mattklein123 Member
edited February 7 in Feature Requests

This is the same issue as

which was closed. I would like to reopen it for consideration.

This is one of the features I miss most coming from Personal Capital. The way I would expect this to work is when I get to the deepest level of nesting (sub-category if it exists) the items would then be grouped by payee. This makes it really easy to understand spending by payee when looking through different categories.

Hoping to have this reconsidered for eventual implementation. Thank you!

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The feedback thread was closed due to age. Could you be more specific on how you want this feature to work, per the comment below?

What I am understanding is that you want to be able to drill down by payee in addition to by subcategory within the category breakdown in reports. Example below shows a spending report opened with subcategories of utilities.

You want to click on Internet, Phone, or Television and then see a pie chart or bar chart by payee. Is that right?

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• mattklein123
    Options

You want to click on Internet, Phone, or Television and then see a pie chart or bar chart by payee. Is that right?

Yes exactly. This is how personal capital does it. I think Mint may have done this also but I haven't used it in a long time.

• Travis H
    Travis H Member ✭✭
    Options

would love this feature.