Spending Plans for months when there is no income

SJB
SJB Member
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

I get paid nine months a year, and during those months, I save for the other three. Right now, it is one such month where I do not have any income coming in, but I have more than enough saved in my savings account to cover the expenses. So, my spending plan shows a negative number, which is disconcerting (and more importantly, is misleading - I have the money in dedicated savings accounts that I transfer to my checking account as necessary). There should be a way to account for spending from your saved liquid money.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@SJB I can completely understand where you're coming from! You have my vote!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello All, 

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant, and due to the age of the request and lack of user votes/comments, will be archived within the next 10 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Simplifi, please be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this request would be beneficial for you. More details on voting for Idea posts can be found in our FAQ here

Thank you,

Simplifi Community Support Team

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @SJB

This post a few years old but I’m wondering if you have come up with a way to handle this. I’m wondering if you could set up automatic transfers from your savings accounts to your checking account and then turn this into recurring income events? I receive a recurring distribution from my investment accounts each month and have set them up this way but don’t know if it would work between a savings account and a checking account.

Another option might be to create a custom income amount for each of the three months.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer