Why is "Mint" listed as a category?

Options
cmcgalla
cmcgalla Member
edited March 8 in Troubleshooting

Hello all, I imported from mint and under the "mint" category I have my own budgets (spending plans in Simplifi) for example I have under mint "farming" "discretionary" and many others. In my dashboard it lists my top spending category as "mint" when it is in fact "farming" how can I fix this? I also noticed that Simplifi frequently lists "mint" rather than the subcategory (i.e. farming) in its many views and reports.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• cmcgalla
    Options

Thank you….so under the Auto and Transport parent category are insurance, gas, service…..will it report one number or each subcategory? I read something that it will only report the total for the Auto and Transport and not the subcategories, but that is not helpful since I need to know how much I have left for gas, or service or whatever else.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The reporting depends on how you set up the spending plan - you can set it up with Auto and Transport > Gas (sub category) or Auto and Transport (parent).

With the Auto and Transport > Gas setup, if you spend on Auto and Transport > Maintenance, the Maintenance expenses will go under other spending.

If you set up the Auto and Transport parent category as the planned spending item, all expenses related to the parent category will show up under planned spending.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.