A couple of thoughts for consideration: A just for fun post

Options
DannyB
DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 21 in Feedback

Quicken Simplifi operates under its own unique model of personal finance management/tracking when compared to the other personal finance apps currently available. Is it better than the others? Is it worse? These are not useful questions. It is more useful to evaluate the various available apps and find one that answers the question, "Does this work for my situation?"

One thing to keep in mind is that you will not find the same features in all the various apps and the features that seem to be the same will be so at a more superficial level. That is each personal financial management app will be working with the same basic data but how they work with that data will vary by app.

I say this realizing that there will be apps that work with the data in the same basic way based on certain accounting principles and other apps will work with the data using other ideas and accounting principles.

With this in mind, it is helpful to understand that Quicken Simplifi's features work with the data in a way that supports Quicken Simplifi's unique process. If you are new to Quicken Simplifi moving over from another app I can only suggest that be successful with Quicken Simplifi the user has to learn the Quicken Simplifi environment and to learn to use this tool consistent with its own internal logic and integrity.

Danny
Simplifi user since 01/22
Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DannyB is wise to ask: "Does this work for my situation?" in evaluating apps and tools.

Simplifi excels in providing me, a user, the following:

• An estimate of how much will be spent each month
    • An available to spend total for the month to cover one-time expenses
    • A way to estimate cash left in checking accounts if applicable recurring transfers (credit card payments), income, and bills are set up. Pending transactions being counted in my checking account help.
    • Net worth tracking, now with historical balances to track my progress over time
    • Watchlists to check on spending over the 12 months
    • A way to save via tracking transfers to savings or investment accounts or by using savings goals
    • A way to track cash in my wallet with a manual cash account. Need to track if I paid my teenagers their allowances.
    • An estimate of my credit card balance to give me an idea of the statement payment due.
      • Improvement - add statement balances automatically to the credit card payment series/reminder. I voted for the applicable feature request.

Simplifi works for my situation, hence I am a satisfied user. Yes, the tool could improve and the development team is working on making the tool better. I have seen enhancements since I started using the app.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DannyB Well said, Danny!

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

This discussion has been closed.