Manual Account Balance Issues

Options
MJNeedsMoreFeatures
edited April 1 in Report a Bug

Nearly every time I pay my bills lately, the balance on my MANUAL account is showing incorrect. Sometimes if I wait a day the issue resolves by itself. Sometimes it doesn't. Which tells me it has nothing to do with any settings in my transactions, but rather a constant bug in the code.

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• BeckyBuck
    BeckyBuck Member
    Options

This is happening for my manual credit card accounts. I had to change them to manual a few weeks ago because the bank connection hasn't been working. As soon as a payment was credited to the manual accounts, the bank balance changed to $0 and then credited the payments, so the balances are incorrect.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@BeckyBuck, thanks for posting on this topic!

To better understand the issue, did the balance for your credit card accounts become incorrect once the accounts were converted to manual, or when exactly did this pop up for you? What happened to the accounts when they were connected to cause you to turn them into manual accounts?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• BeckyBuck
    BeckyBuck Member
    edited February 14
    Options

@Coach Natalie i Changed my accounts to manual 2-3 weeks ago and the balances were correct until this week when recurring transfer transactions posted to them. My manual accounts that haven’t had transactions added still have correct balances.

I changed them to manual after several weeks of connection errors (102 I think). This is for mysynchrony.com and I have 7 accounts. I contacted you about the connection issue but it’s not resolved.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@BeckyBuck, thanks for posting back!

To clarify, were the Recurring Transfers manually entered into the account registers? Also, are you referring to the balance for the accounts in the Accounts List, or are you looking at Projected Cash Flow or something along those lines? Are you on the Quicken Simplifi Web App or Mobile App? And have you checked under Settings > Accounts to ensure the accounts in question are listed under the 'Manual Accounts' section?

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17
    Options

I am experiencing a similar issue to @BeckyBuck. My Macy's credit card was converted to manual about a week ago. I entered a charge yesterday for $21.60 for Hulu dated on 2/13/2024. The transactions add up to the correct balance for the accounts CSV file. However, the account shows a positive balance of $67.76. The past credit card payment transfers are not assigned to any recurring series.

I noticed that only the two transactions below are added in the account register to obtain the card's balance. The transactions on September 2022 are not included on the register total, even though they should be.

I sent feedback logs.

I want to troubleshoot this item. I believe I can fix this issue by creating a balance adjustment transaction to account for the difference in the balance. The balance was correct yesterday and the day before.

Update: I added a balance adjustment transaction for the amount of the discrepancy in my balance, -89.36. The balance is fixed for now but I will like the account to show the correct balance without the balance adjustment transaction.

Correct balance -21.60

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I reconnected the manual credit card (was connected to Macy's until the connection died last week) and linked it to its Macy's refreshed connection. The balance is restored. All set for now.

Minter 2014-2023

• BeckyBuck
    BeckyBuck Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie my manual account balances have automatically corrected after a few days of incorrect balances, so this is no longer an issue for me.

• jimmieholland1
    Options

This is still an issue for me. I have a manual account under type "Other Banking." If I add up the actual transactions the balance is one number but the number reported is a different number. I have to add a balance adjustment transaction to get the math to match.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @jimmieholland1,

For clarity on the issue you are experiencing, could you clarify what "the number reported" means in this context for us? Additionally, Could you supply screenshots showing the issue you have as well?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• jimmieholland1
    jimmieholland1 Member
    Options

@Coach Jon, I ended up creating another threat with the details you requested.

This discussion has been closed.