"Planned Spending" not recognizing transactions

Options
DocNads
DocNads Member

In the Spending Plan, on the "Income after Bills" view, I can see transactions like my college savings payment (image #1). When I click on "Planned Spending", it says there are no transactions in that category (image #2). I looked at the series and it should be included in the planned spending. This is happening in several, not all, categories for my spending plan.

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The spending plan does not count items included as bills as planned spending to avoid double counting. If the transaction is a bill, it will show under the bills section, image one above. If the transaction is not part of a bill, it will display under planned spending.

More info below

Note: The Spending Plan is designed to not double-count transactions. For example, if you have a transaction that was linked to a Recurring Reminder, the transaction will be counted towards the Bills and Income section of the Spending Plan instead of a Planned Spending expense of the same Category. Learn more here!

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3620741-using-the-spending-plan-on-the-mobile-app

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DocNads
    Options

Got it! I think the terms you are using are a bit confusing - for spending plan, you mean "extra money after all bills are paid", not a full spending plan. Thanks for the super quick reply!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, planned spending is "extra money after all bills are paid" - good way to think of it and explain it.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.