Can I fix missing transactions by manually importing them from a csv file?

Options
SeattleGuy
SeattleGuy Member ✭✭

I read the excellent support article from @Coach Nicole on "How to Resolve Missing Transactions - Common causes of missing transactions and how to correct them." I have a bunch of missing transactions in my Chase Checking and Chase VISA accounts. Resetting the account connections caused some but not all of the missing transactions to appear. I called support and was told that I should use an escalation procedure that involves taking screenshots of the missing transactions and uploading them to the support escalation team. I explained that I downloaded the missing transactions as .csv files from the Chase website, and asked whether I should send the .csv files instead of screenshots. The response was that the escalation process uses screenshots. It made me wonder, would it be easier for me to skip the escalation process and just manually upload the missing transactions myself? It's very easy to put the csv files I got from Chase into the format used by the Simplifi manual import feature.

[removed] and others - is there any reason not to just manually import the missing transactions?

If this would work, then I suggest adding the manual import feature as one of the possible solutions in the support article on missing transactions.

Best Answers

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14 Answer ✓
    Options

As a former Mint user that has imported historical transactions to both connected bank accounts and manual accounts, I believe your solution will work. You will need to categorize the transactions after import as the main Simplifi import template does not categorize transactions. I find that adding the category I want in the tag section works for easy bulk category editing when filtering by tag. Then, delete the category tag when you are done recategorizing.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4413430-how-to-manually-import-transactions

https://app.simplifimoney.com/files/import%20template.csv

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• SeattleGuy
    SeattleGuy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update: I was able to resolve the missing transactions problem by importing the missing transactions in a .csv file. It was easier to do this than to submit screen shots of the missing transactions to Simplifi support. Thank you @UrsulaA for the tips.

This discussion has been closed.