Spending plan numbers do not add correctly

Options
cmcgalla
cmcgalla Member

Former mint user here and I am getting very frustrated. My planned spending adds up to $2571.70, but the total at the bottom says I am $41.02 OVER. But when I add up what I actually spent, example $78.36+$274.30…etc. I actually spent $1705.96. As you can see it Simplifi says I spent $2612.72…What am I doing wrong?

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

From the screen shot, the over spent number reflects the sum of over spent in individual categories (example discretionarrry, where you are $24.30 over the target). The planned spending total will show an exclamation mark if you spent more than the target in any category, not regarding the total spent compared against the sum of the targets for all planned spending categories.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• cmcgalla
    Options

I added up all the transactions that are in my planned spending and that total is $1705.96, where is the $2612.72 coming from? By any category I assume you mean any category on my spending plan, is that correct?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17
    Options

The 2,612.72 is the total of all target spend categories in planned spending, not what you spent this month so far, or $1705.96 for you.

The screen you are showing is from the mobile app. The web app adds up your actual spending across planned spending categories. The bills and subscriptions are in their own section, income after bills. Other spending is the third section.

More info for web app: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4212702-using-the-quicken-simplifi-spending-plan

More info for mobile app: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3620741-using-the-spending-plan-on-the-mobile-app

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.