Paycheck Shows as Income and Also in Other Spending

Options
md2dr2
md2dr2 Member

I'm new to Simplifi (Mint transfer) and have been struggling to get all the bugs worked out with the transition. I hate that I cannot set up a recurring split transaction to show our income with all the deductions for benefits and taxes. I recognize this isn't a feature of Simplifi, but I'm trying to come up with a work around.

Right now, I have our paychecks showing as income and as an "other spending" category which means Simplifi shows us having twice the income that we should have. I've done everything I can think of to trick the program to get rid of the Other Spending version including deleting the recurring income. Nothing has worked. Help!

Tagged:

Comments

• RickS
    RickS Member ✭✭
    Options

This is what I'm doing. I set up the recurring income transaction as the net amount. I also set up an additional recurring income amount for the total of the deductions. I set up planned spending amounts for the deduction categories. When the transaction posts from the bank, I match it to the recurring transaction and then I split the actual transaction into the income and expense categories. I then delete the current month for the additional recurring income amount I set up for the total of the deductions. The other spending bucket used to just contain the expense transactions of the split but it now includes the income portion of the split in the total as you have noticed. However, the planned spending bucket does not include the income portion when you split the transaction.

This discussion has been closed.