Cannot connect to Morgan Stanley stock plan connect (error FDP-196)

Options
RayBen
RayBen Member

Hi,

I keep getting this error Care Code: FDP-196 when I try to connect with Morgan Stanley stock plan connect website. I provide my user name and password and then after a few seconds I get this error message. Anybody else facing the same issue ?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@RayBen, thanks for posting to the Community!

For an FDP-196 error with Morgan Stanley, it looks like the first thing you'll need to do is contact Morgan Stanley directly to have them open a ticket, and then contact us back with the ticket number so we can escalate the issue from our end. However, before moving forward with those steps, I am curious if this issue is happening on an existing account in Quicken Simplifi, or when connecting to Morgan Stanley Stock Plan for the first time.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• ayoba
    Options

Same error. First time connecting account.

• itsgeedee
    Options

Same error. Existing account. Hasn't been updating properly for a while so I tried reconnecting the account today, but am now receiving same error as OP.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ayoba and @itsgeedee,

Thank you for answering that question! If you haven't already done so, please reach out to the financial institution to have them open a ticket, then reach out to us with that ticket number so we can investigate on our end as well.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• jph
    jph Member
    Options

I am also having this issue. I hope this is something that Quicken is fixing very soon, because Mint could do this, and it's an important feature to me. I'll be trying a different budgeting service if not.

• Brads16
    Brads16 Member
    Options

Agreed. It WAS working. What happened?

• frostwick
    Options

Same issue - as a new customer trying to connect for the first time after migrating from Mint :(

• User13
    Options

Same issue. It was working before and now it’s not. Tried deleting and adding the account back but that’s failing as well. Is Simplifi looking into this ? Seems to be broken for everyone.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone! For anyone receiving the FDP-196 error with Morgan Stanley Stock Plan, you first need to contact the bank directly to file a ticket with them and be sure to get the ticket number.

Once you have the ticket number from them, please contact our Support Team directly so we can file a ticket from our end: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Feel free to post back with your findings in case it helps other users!

-Coach Natalie

• Brads16
    Brads16 Member
    Options

what evidence does Quicken have that this is a Morgan Stanley problem? If it’s not, then opening a ticket with them is worthless

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Brads16,

When you get an error code, the purpose of that code is to indicate what kind of connection issue is being encountered. The troubleshooting steps we recommend are based on the error code you are seeing.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• r4tn3sh
    Options

Did anyone have any success with addressing this issue?

• Jason M
    Jason M Member
    Options

This is my only account migrating over from Mint that appears to not connect.

Care Code: FDP-196

I found some information on Reddit that suggests Simplifi is having an issue with a Stock Plan Connect account that has multiple "sub accounts" within it? In this case, I do have two, if that makes a difference.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Jason M,

We have merged your post with this existing thread. Per our last directive on this topic:

You will want to contact the bank, file a ticket with them, and then contact our support team with that ticket number so we can file a ticket on our side.

Thanks,
    Coach Jon

• vak15
    vak15 Member
    Options

+1. Same error code while trying to connect Morgan Stanley Stock plan connect.

• dev2014
    Options

I am also seeing the same error. What is the point of contacting the financial institution when so many people are getting the same error.

• Coach Jon
    Options

@dev2014,

Thanks for reaching out. In order to file a ticket on our side we need the ticket number from the bank itself first. Once you have that ticket number, we would just need you to contact our support team directly and provide that information so we can work on this.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• byc
    byc Member
    Options

+1 to Jason - long chat with Morgan Stanley, and it's a security issue between MS and Simplifi/Quicken. I had no issues with Mint for years, and miss it so much!

• Ratheesh
    Ratheesh Member
    Options

Same issue, it was working previously. Now my data is incomplete and can't plan accordingly.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello everyone,

This issue has been escalated and our Alert here can be followed for updates on the issue:

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• steverivera60
    Options

Having the same issue. FYI, Morgan Stanley Stock Plan Connect no longer exists, they recently rebranded to Morgan Stanley At Work and all of the websites changed from stockplanconnect.morganstanley.com to atwork.morganstanley.com.

• BrandonG
    BrandonG Member
    Options

Seems very strange that everyone is having this issue but Quicken support was telling us that we have to contact Morgan Stanley individually and report back individual ticket numbers. Get it together Quicken. This is a paid service and if your application is not working properly then YOU should be the one fixing it, not the customer. Very frustrating

• Jason M
    Jason M Member
    Options

I'm a software engineer. Natalie, thank you for staying engaged with your customers. SWEs are notorious for not listening to their customers and waiting for the house to burn down before taking action. I'd urge you to tell them this needs to get fixed based on the numbers impacted from this post alone.

I JUST signed up for Simplifi, moving from Mint. I'm happy to switch at this point and get a refund if this is the sort of service your eng team provides for an issue that is clearly a problem on the Quicken side.

I'll try to call again tomorrow, but I already mentioned the status code and the support person clearly had no idea what to do with it, even with ALL of the context I gave her.

• Jason M
    Jason M Member
    edited March 5
    Options

And yes, great idea for the eng team to look into the rebranding that Morgan Stanley did a few months back.

They must have a Morgan Stanley contact that the program management team connects with.

https://developer.morganstanley.com/

• Ratheesh
    Ratheesh Member
    Options

The url which is showing in simplify is https://stockplanconnect.morganstanley.com/cesreg/Home/Home.html#/home but from Morgan Stanley side it's redirecting to https://atwork.morganstanley.com/solium/servlet/userLogin#/home Maybe the simplifymoney app need to update the url.

• Denidil
    Denidil Member
    Options

Also a mint user migrating, this is one of two institutions (the other being my main bank) that fail to import. Considering Mint was free and this is paid Quicken needs to GET THEIR STUFF TOGETHER

• Nic P.
    Nic P. Member
    Options

Also a Mint migrating user and also an SDE. This issue is being handled in a terrible way by both customer support and the eng team.

You are asking the customer to be the middle man between you and the Morgan Stanley dev team to solve the issue. How is that helpful? If you already know from your engineering deep dive this is an issue with their API, why wouldn't you reach out to their dev team to push them to fix it?

On top of this, you had some kind enough customers that went out of their way to call Morgan Stanley and report a dev issue. They have been ignored, and your suggestion is to keep calling?

Also, why would the eng team at quicken need to wait for a Morgan Stanley ticket open by a customer to take action? If they refuse to listen to you, your job is to escalate with them, not tell customers to keep calling Morgan Stanley.

I have been on teams were the dynamics between customer support, eng, and customers is similar to this one. I hope management intervenes, cause this is how you lose customer trust very quickly.

• mbcorne
    mbcorne Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue, called Morgan Stanley and have been passed to 2 teams so far. I'm told that there's no ability to enable 3rd party data sharing from these accounts.

Is this a case where we're waiting for Quicken and Morgan Stanley to come to some agreement? It is clear this isn't a mutually supported feature.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, we are still working on this issue from our end. It sounds like we were able to bypass the ticket number from Morgan Stanley (yay!), though we very much appreciate everyone who reached out and attempted to obtain that for us.

For now, everyone can follow our Alert for updates on this known issue:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.