Duplicate BofA checking accounts (2) quoting different/negative balances?

Options
Karin
Karin Member
edited March 20 in Troubleshooting

I imported all transactions from Mint.

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For the community to better help you, can you expand/confirm the following?

You have one Bank of America checking account and imported Mint transactions. Then, when you connected the account ended up with a duplicate account.

Both accounts show different balances - which one is correct - the linked account or the manual Mint account?

I suggest keeping the account with Mint transactions as manual. Then, delete the connected Bank of America account and the Bank of America connection. After that, reconnect Bank of America and link the Mint manual account to the new connected Bank of America account.

Details: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4959544-how-to-link-accounts#h_1e4aff1120

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Karin
    Options

I did an Import All from Mint. I did not enter any accounts manually. I have 2 Bank of America checking Accounts.

2 accounts are correct, 2 are wildly incorrect. I did not see how to delete accounts.

I'm meeting with financial advisor to resolve.

Thanks.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Import from Mint does create a manual account initially. Glad you have a support session with a Coach.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Karin,

I'm glad to hear you have a meeting set up with a financial advisor to help get this straightened out. Here are a couple links you may find useful. For information on deleting accounts, use this link. For information on importing from Mint and troubleshooting issues with importing from Mint, use this link.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.