Simplifi connects to wrong Macy's credit cards

Options
RKM
RKM Member
edited March 22 in Troubleshooting

Has anyone else had this or a similar problem? When I add Macy's Credit Card as an account, the 2 cards connected (one Macy's AMEX and one Macy's Citi) are not my cards. They have different account numbers and no transactions are listed. I have successfully connected to them using Mint and Rocket Money, just not Simplifi. I discussed it with support and they escalated a trouble ticket for me. I just don't know how long this will take since I already migrated from Mint to Credit Karma (bad).

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21
    Options

Now that you mention it, I have a Macy's Amex card ending in 4319 and Simplifi connected me to a card ending in 0024 (shown next to red arrow). My account name has the correct last 4 digits on it, 4319.

I went to the Macy's card site and the correct card shows up.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RKM
    RKM Member
    Options

Does Simplify list transactions correctly?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got a correct balance but no transactions when I reconnected Macy's card. Given the account number discrepancy, I made the account manual again.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@RKM & @UrsulaA, how strange!

I checked the back-end ticket for the known issue with Macy's and it's still awaiting a fix. With that, please go ahead and wait until the Alert for Macy's is marked as resolved in case that's impacting this behavior, and then we can take a closer look at any lingering issues.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good news! Macy's reconnected with my correct account number.

After the account page showed "account disconnected" briefly after the connection got established, I went to the Macy's card transaction list. I got the correct balance and one transaction came down. Looks like the connection issue is starting to clear up.

Minter 2014-2023

• RKM
    RKM Member
    Options

Mine is fixed too, and quickly done! Thanks Ursula, Coach Natalie, and technical support - well done.

This discussion has been closed.