Transaction missing from Spending Plan

Options
thaJack
thaJack Member ✭✭

I'm now having a similar issue to many other users. I clearly have a single transaction in CategoryX this month for $30, yet the spending plan says I've spent $0 in that category.

Comments

• atommasi
    atommasi Member ✭✭
    Options

I've experienced the same thing. From what I've seen, it's like the spending plan ignores transactions in sub-categories and only sees the main parent category.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have spending plan items and transactions for sub-categories and parent categories and they are working properly on the web app and the mobile app. Some fixes I do when I encounter missing transactions:

Refresh the dashboard on web or mobile using Simplifi's refresh button

Delete and recreate the planned spending series

Sign out and back in to Simplifi after clearing cache

I use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 and LG Velvet with Android 10 for mobile.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• thaJack
    thaJack Member ✭✭
    Options

I have them for subcategories, and those seem to work fine.

In fact, this one is working fine, too. I figured out what the problem was… or lack of a problem. In this case, I have a subscription for an item in CategoryX, and so it rightfully counted towards the subscription and was left out of the planned spending area. It would be great if it could show up in planned spending, grayed out, with a tip indicating that it's excluded because it was counted in the billing/subscriptions area. That might help with troubleshooting missing planned spending transactions.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for the follow-up @thaJack,

If that feedback about having subscription items show up in planned spending, but be grayed out (with an explanation) is something you'd like to see in future versions of Quicken Simplifi, I would recommend creating an Idea post for it. For directions on creating an Idea post, please click this link.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.