Can't add back a deleted instance of a recurring item

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited March 28 in Report a Bug

Using the Web App, DuckDuckGo browser, Early Access turned on.

1. Create a monthly recurring series starting tomorrow.
  2. Go to next month in the Spending Plan and delete that instance of the recurring item.
  3. Now try to edit the recurring series so that next month's payment is included again.

I haven't found a way to do this with the new recurring series functionality. There used to be a control to set the next date or something and it would refill the series properly, but that seems to be gone with the custom frequency implementation. I tried going to the item two months from now and changing the date back a month, but now I'm missing the transaction for two months from now.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks for pointing this out — restoring a deleted Reminder is definitely not working anymore!

This doesn't appear to be specific to the new Custom Frequencies feature (I reproduced it without Early Access enabled), though it could be related. I went ahead and got it reported as a normal bug ticket for now. I'll let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-19834

• Robinthemike
    Options

I've experienced a similar issue, minus deleting from the spending plan. I've accidentally deleted an upcoming reminder, found the next reminder, changed the date to the upcoming reminder date, and lost the next reminder. I recently ran into an issue where I created a recurring transfer but had an incorrect start date of the 21st, updated to the correct date of the 7th but missing a reminder for the 7th.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Robinthemike,

Thank you for joining the discussion and letting us know you're encountering something similar. Since this issue has already been reported, please bookmark this discussion so that you'll see any updates, once they're available, and know when the issue is resolved.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• Robinthemike
    Options

Updated: I tried updating the start date in the iOS app versus the Mac OS app and was successful in recreating the deleted reminder.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.