Credit Score: Share your feedback here!

Options

Comments

• JDubs
    Options

I had to log out, then back in to see the Credit Score option in reports.

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie , Update to prior comment. As of right I got it to work. I tried verifying from my MacBook by getting the SMS to my MacBook by syncing. When I opened from phone, it failed. The same process I repeated directly in my MacBook and used the same browser safari, it worked. I don't think the verification process is easy enough from a user perspective. Last 3 days I tried multiple steps including the above step and it worked only today.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    Options

Another suggestion is to enable tracking history of credit scores - agreed @Bgz

This feature will be nice but it takes lower priority relative to other features including better rules for me, which are addressed elsewhere in the community.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just for info, i activated on a macbook and confirmed sms link from Android/Chrome, and it worked the first time. @Hari Palat .. i do know they said recently there was an issue with some sms activations being worked on.

Rob Wilkens

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

ok @RobWilk. Thank you !

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

The Credit Score feature is now live for everyone!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I saw that web app version 4.2.0 dropped today. The language about "interest rates being so low" is gone. Thanks for listening, Simplifi team.

Minter 2014-2023

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Simplifi team for listening to feedback…!

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Experian has me listed as a "Fair" credit score.

Quicken Simplifi has me listed as "Excellent."

I have a bankruptcy on my report for at least another 4-5 years, I tend to believe experian.

Rob Wilkens

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would like to be able to drill into each section for the data on how it got there. Like if I had 2 credit inquiries, what were they? If I have 10 closed accounts and 6 open ones, what are they? etc. Other credit score systems include these details and I find them valuable when I consider doing things that may affect my score.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So you want a credit 'report' not just a credit score.

I think they can do it, though. You might need to create a new idea post requesting a credit report feature to collect votes.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Wedo778 there is a feature request open for the credit utilization component of the credit report.

I wonder if we need to open a feature request for each credit score ingredient we want detail on or if one request to provide details on each credit component, a credit report, will be enough. Thoughts @Coach Natalie @Coach Jon

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

I'd say that if everyone is looking for the ability to drill down and see the details for each of the components that already exist in the Credit Score feature, just one Idea post would be needed for that ability. But if you're looking for specific components or data that doesn't already exist in the feature, go ahead and create a separate Idea post for each one.

I personally think it would be cool to see a drill down for the existing components in the feature, which would essentially give a full credit report. I'm guessing that we just implemented a "score" feature and not a full "report" feature when contracting this service from Equifax, which is why the details aren't available.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Joining the party late, apparently.

First, I love it.

Second, I look forward to this being implemented on mobile.

Third, I'm not sure if it's normal, but I had the same experience as @DannyB . When I logged in the first time, my Credit Score was already there - I didn't have to fill out any form. That said, it was after midnight so I might have just been sleep typing at that point. Maybe that's because I once upon a time I had approved credit monitoring when using Quicken Classic?

Fourth, I like the added help text. For example, here's why you got this score and here's how you can get a better one.

Fifth, it would be nice to be able to see a change over time type view.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Mark23
    Mark23 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have no use for Credit scores in a budget app, Simplifi should spend their time and resources fixing issues like the "Projected" on the watchlists and improving and optimizing the obvious like a note for each split (among the other improvements needed) and Averages in the reports for example

• RBoskind
    Options

This seems broken for me. The flow works as expected but the popup saying that it worked stays open. On a reload the credit score page just shows the initial Get Started workflow.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RBoskind, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues enrolling in the Credit Score feature! Have you tried signing out and back into Quicken Simplifi, or checking from a different browser or in incognito/private mode, by chance?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My attempt failed as I thought it would because my credit score is frozen. Did not try but once so it could be a typo. I skimming over the above posts and did not see unlocking mentioned. Do I need to un-freeze? Thanks

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @N4KHQ,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you clarify what you mean by "my attempt failed"? Specifically what you were doing and what specifically failed?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

I filled out the form got verification code and simplifi said unsuccessful. My question should have been do you have to unfreeze your credit bureau account to be successful

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @N4KHQ,

Thanks for the reply. Could you post a screenshot here showing the unsuccessful attempt in Quicken Simplifi?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

I think it is because it is frozen.

[edited image for privacy]

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My credit is frozen and I was able to get the score working.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @N4KHQ,

Thanks for the information! To help clarify what may be causing this issue, could you please answer these questions for us?

1. Do you receive the code via text message? If so, are you able to input the code and then get the "failed" message?
    2. Or did you get the "failed" message before being able to receive the code?
    3. Do you have any other recent phone numbers that you can try using? If the phone number isn't listed with Equifax, they won't be able to use it to verify.
    4. Have you contacted Equifax by chance to see if they are blocking you from checking your score for any reason?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I receive a link via text message. It says the link expires in 4 minutes but I clicked the link immediately and is says verifying check Quicken to see if you were successful. Same phone number, same address, is listed with Equifax. I can login to Equifax. I tried to setup Credit Karma for 7 days to import from mint. Support at Transunion said a frozen account should not matter. I read on the web it did matter. I un-froze the Transunion account and connected to Credit Karma first try.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My bad, I added a credit lock to the Equifax report, not a credit freeze. Looks like that makes a difference in the verification as I was able to get my credit score in Simplifi.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    edited March 18
    Options

@N4KHQ, thanks for confirming the details!

Since the Credit Score feature is through Equifax, I'd suggest contacting them directly to see if there's perhaps a reason you're unable to be verified, or if the freeze has anything to do with it, etc. If you're still unable to enroll in Quicken Simplifi, go ahead and contact our Support Team directly so they gather info from you in a more private setting to escalate your case.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Let us know how it goes in case it helps other users!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA Thanks for the reply, I remembered your was locked. I think locked and frozen is the same.

The only option I see on Equifax is manage credit freeze. I lifted the credit freeze on all three and still but no joy. It says check Quicken for success but no success. I will contact Equifax. I really don't care if it works or not but now that I have started I can't let go. Thanks

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I contacted Equifax, support verified all my information on the phone when I called and again to the rep. She said everything was correct and it should work. I tried it on Windows 10 with Chrome and Edge. I got the form but neither would show a continue after I completed the form.