Credit Score: Share your feedback here!

Options
Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited March 1 in Feedback

We have a brand new Credit Score feature in Early Access that we'd love to hear your feedback on! Please let us know what you think about the feature, as well as how it helps you on your financial journey with Quicken Simplifi by commenting below.

Our announcement has more details:

We can't wait to hear from you!

Comments

• MoneySkeets
    MoneySkeets Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Love the new feature and just added it. Works like a champ and a nice add. Thank you

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just added this to my Simplifi. Looks like the data came from Equifax given the verification screen.

Some thoughts:

Add the calculation method for the credit score (examples VantageScore 3.0, FICO 9.0) - this will help me know the source.

Add the credit bureau providing the information - from the verification, looks like the bureau is Equifax. This needs to be stated.

The score Simplifi display matches what Credit Karma shows for Equifax using VantageScore 3.0. Maybe I can finally close the credit karma account.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23
    Options

Went to the new Credit Score page in Reports and apparently I was already set up with a credit score showing from 2022 and a notification in the upper right hand corner that a new score was available. I clicked to update and a screen asking for confirmation of my SSN popped up. Entered my SSN, hit continue and the screen refreshed with a credit score as of today with the upper right corner notification reading "Next Update Mar 23, 2024.

Once again, well done Quicken Simplifi Team!

POI - Right now I have a 32 point spread between my lowest reported credit score estimate and my highest credit score estimate as reported by no less than 6 different financial institutions.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • kai4387
    kai4387 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Quicken Free Credit Score will be VantageScore 3.0, based on the VantageScore model. This VantageScore is a VantageScore 3.0 based on Equifax data. 

https://www.quicken.com/credit-score-terms-of-service

These scores are just for getting an estimate so the exact model and source isn't too important, but it would be nice to have it displayed more prominently.

One thing I am missing is the history of the score and credit usage.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for this - Can the team add the link to the terms somewhere on the credit score report?

Minter 2014-2023

• Beltifi
    Beltifi Member ✭✭
    Options

The process went smoothly. Can't wait for it to be official and on mobile. I mostly use the mobile app and not the desktop app.

• QuintenJ
    Options

Signed up no issues. Will be great when it is on mobile. It should tell you who the data provider is I didn't see anything until coming here which seems weird.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• Thedude1980
    Thedude1980 Member ✭✭
    Options

FYI do not let google autofill your information or it won't work. You have to type everything in yourself or it will say it can't verify your identity with the provided information. Worked perfect after I typed the info in myself. Thank you for adding this feature.

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

HI @Coach Natalie , Mine is not working. I do get the text message and I click and wait and i see message in my desktop saying verification failed. Please see my mobile and web screenshot

• kai4387
    kai4387 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23
    Options

I had this error happen when signing up too. Try using one of the other phone numbers listed in your Equifax credit report.

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

that is my only number @kai4387. :-(

• TommyG007
    TommyG007 Member
    Options

I have tried to verify and am not receiving the verification text. Is it possible that you could send it via email?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Hari Palat @TommyG007 - you will get help faster by contacting support via chat on the mobile app, web app, or by chat on the support site.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am with you on the help desk. I reported an issue with the overview tab under bills and payments and the Coach, Jose, had no clue.

I am using Microsoft Edge and Windows 10.

Minter 2014-2023

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

True.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23
    Options

@Coach Natalie is the Simplifi oracle of knowledge. I remember on one of your prior posts that she needs more support. Today that became clear with our interactions with the help desk.

Hope the credit report starts working for you soon Hari.

Minter 2014-2023

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm going to venture that this is another situation where Quicken Simplifi is dependant on a third party to provide this service. Thus I'll venture that QS coaches and tech support are somewhat limited onttroubleshooting mossfires that originate with the third party.

Danny
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23
    Options

True on the credit score being dependant on a third party, Equifax. However, support should have more awareness of early access features. Per Hari "They asked me to sent the link where the feature was implemented. :-)". That part of the interaction is concerning.

Also, will love to see "mossfires", the typo made me laugh. 😀

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, we are looking into the issue with the text verification not being received to see what we can do from our end and how to proceed, and we will let you all know what we learn and what further info we may need.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    edited February 24
    Options

I received the credit score via a smooth registration process.

In one of blurbs below the actual credit score, I get the following message-

"Given your score, you appear to have achieved an optimal balance between available credit and debt. Now, with interest rates being so low, take advantage of great offers and start saving even more money!"

As of November 2023, the average retail credit card interest rate is 28.93% which is extremely high. Hence, the second part of the sentence is not true. It would be good for Simplifi to remove the misleading statement to help naive users.

It would be good to have the credit score displayed on the main dashboard on both the web browser and when it eventually makes its way into the iOS app, instead of having to navigate to reports which is not a very intuitive place.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have at least 2 cards under 18% APR (and i have a bankruptcy on my credit report). There are lower rates out there to be found.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My credit score already shows up on the dashboard on the web app, next to achievements.

Minter 2014-2023

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    Options

Sure.. There are lower rates to be found but that doesn't mean the rates are low. Also, note that I mentioned average credit card rates- so it will be combination of low and high.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/credit-cards/average-credit-card-interest-rate/

Slightly lower rates that what I mentioned in my previous post but the point still remains that the rates are at record highs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/23/credit-card-interest-rates-are-at-record-highs.html#:~:text=The%20average%20consumer%20paid%20a,began%20tracking%20data%20in%201994.

• thaJack
    thaJack Member ✭✭
    Options

I haven't tried it yet, but do have a question. My wife and I manage our finances together in Simplifi. Can credit score reporting be added for two separate individuals?

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Interest rates are soaring and so are Bank profits

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64713967

Danny
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree the low interest rate language should be deleted.

Minter 2014-2023

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25
    Options

The feature is neat and all, but it does add another element of "please let me customize the dashboard on the web app." My credit score is not necessarily something I want in such a high profile location.

Also, there doesn't appear to be any way to undo the feature. Once you get it going, there doesn't appear to be a way to make it stop or go away, unless I'm overlooking something.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    edited February 25
    Options

I prefer to have the Credit score in the dashboard with the option to move it to where it works for each person under “Customize Dashboard”. If someone doesn’t want it in such a high profile location they can just hide it or move it far down the order.

Another suggestion is to enable tracking history of credit scores which is available in every app I use for credit scores (like all my CCs or Credit Karma).