Is it safe to delete unused Financial Institutions in the Accounts List?

Options
SRC54
SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 22 in Troubleshooting

I assume that it is and in fact I tested it with Fidelity. Luckily it didn't delete anything from the Fidelity Accounts that were listed under another Fidelity (INV and Retirement).

Besides Fidelity, I have 2 unused American Express and 1 First US Bank. They are at the bottom of the account lists, and I assume they are left over from updating accounts to different connections for AmEx and FUSB. Obviously, there are no accounts listed under any of these.

I hadn't noticed them until today. Thanks.

Steve
Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

Tagged:

Best Answer

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree, it is safe to delete unused financial institutions. To keep the account history, make the accounts that will no longer update manual ensuring that such accounts are no longer displayed under the financial institution's name corresponding to such accounts. Then, delete the financial institution.

I had to follow a similar procedure to make accounts manual prior to reconnecting to the bank once the bank connection was restored.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Answers

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

From your comment @SRC54 "Obviously, there are no accounts listed under any of these [past connections]." Yes, go ahead and delete the connections. Looks like there is no accounts to make manual.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.