Transaction that is matched with a tracked refund cannot be "Reviewed" in mobile app

Options
pwhelan81
pwhelan81 Member
edited March 28 in Report a Bug

Using the "Track Refund" feature for the first time. Had an interest charge on a credit card that I got reversed and so set a tracker for the refund. The refund came in the very next day for the expected amount in the expected account, but Simplifi did not automatically link it. I manually linked the refund being tracked with the refund transaction. Good so far.

However now when I click on the refund transaction I get a different display than I did before. It is shown below as Figure 1. You can see that there are no options to modify the metadata on this transaction any longer including the one that is most important to me: to set as "Reviewed" So this refund transaction will always appear in my filtered display of unreviewed transactions. Now I did find that in the desktop app I can still modify the metadata (See Figure 2). So that is a workaround, but this should be fixed in the mobile app please.

Figure 1

Figure 2

-Quicken Desktop 2005-2014
-Mint 2014-2023
-Simplifi in Jan 2024 (fleeing from Credit Kharma)
-Excel forever!!!

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

On the mobile app, on the transaction list, you can swipe right and mark the transaction reviewed. That is how I review my transactions.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• pwhelan81
    pwhelan81 Member
    Options

Thanks UrsulaA. Good workaround for reviewing or changing a flag on the mobile app for such a linked refund transaction.

However, the display when I single tap such a transaction should still give ability to edit, for example to add a note or make an attachment. Again it does work this way in web app.

-Mint 2014-2023
    -Excel forever!!!

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @pwhelan81,

For faster service getting the issue you encountered addressed, I recommend contacting Quicken Simplifi Support directly. You can find Support's contact information at this link: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support .

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• pwhelan81
    pwhelan81 Member
    Options

Coach,

Uh this is posted under  PRODUCT FEEDBACK› REPORT A BUG so I would think that Simplifi Product Team should pick this up. No?

-Mint 2014-2023
    -Excel forever!!!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@pwhelan81, at this time, we are asking that you contact our Support Team directly for more advanced troubleshooting and potentially an escalation. If escalated, our product team would then review the issue and work toward resolving it.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Feel free to post back with the results in case it helps other users!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.