payee rule is matching the wrong transactions

Options
bling
bling Member
edited April 11 in Report a Bug

created a new payee rule matching anything with "check"

this matches against something with "Foreign ATM Fees Rebate Rewards" on the statement.

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @bling,

When did you first notice this issue? Did the issue start as soon as the rule was created, or did it work as expected for a while before it starting detecting incorrect matches? Is "check" the only keyword used in the renaming rule? What is it renaming the Payee to? If possible, does adding another keyword keep it from seeing incorrect Payees as matches? Are you seeing this issue with any other renaming rules?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• bling
    bling Member
    Options

all the rules are new, so i'm not sure how it'll behave for future transactions. i'm referring to retroactively matching transactions and renaming them. other rules i've created seem to work fine, and i tend to use as many terms as possible to reduce false matches. but in this instance, i must do a exact match on "check" because that's how it appears on my statement at my bank.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@bling, thanks for posting back with additional insight and screenshots!

It sounds like this may need further troubleshooting and potentially an escalation so our product team can investigate and determine why Quicken Simplifi is identifying the 'Foreign ATM Rebates' transactions when creating this particular Rule. With that, I'd suggest contacting our Support Team directly for more advanced assistance so they can take a closer look with you.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Let us know what you find out in case it helps other users!

-Coach Natalie

• bling
    bling Member
    Options

turns out Simplifi is hiding information about the actual description of the transaction. from my bank's website, the full description is "Foreign ATM Fees Rebate Rewards Checking ATM Fee Refund". for whatever reason, the latter half, "Checking ATM Fee Refund" was omitted in the transaction details. however, it's clearly still stored in back end, because that's the only way "check" would match this transaction.

• AJS9
    AJS9 Member
    edited March 10
    Options

Payee rules needs a complete overhaul. I also find that the keywords used often completely miss the primary word needed to assign a correct payee name. For example, I want to create a rule that lists every transaction from “Meijer” as “Meijer” but the keywords that drive this are just jumbled mush (e.g. “9” or “blank” or just periods) and I can’t add words. Even worse, they don’t include all the words listed in the “Appears on “ section of the transactions , Which Meijer is in there .

Also, on my actual credit card statement it says something completely different than what’s listed in the “Appears on credit card as” statement at the bottom of the transaction.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options
This discussion has been closed.