Ability to Bulk Un-Exclude Transactions from Reports and the Spending Plan (edited)

Options
afrancisco87
afrancisco87 Member
edited February 29 in Feature Requests

I know there is a way to manage multiple transactions to exclude them. However, I trade options which are automatically excluded, so I'd like to bulk include these transactions to keep a running tally on them. Any way to do so?

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

When editing multiple transactions, I believe if you CHECK the "Exclusion box" on the left side of bulk edit, you can leave the right side UNCHECKED if you want to unexclude things.

The left side basically enables the right side options to be used.

FOR EXAMPLE, the above "should" unexclude from spending plan and reports when you click apply

Rob Wilkens

• afrancisco87
    Options

Thanks for the input but that doesn't appear to work.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Can you share screenshots of which transactions you want to include in reports? Investment transactions not designated as payment/deposit action type (cash flow transactions such as dividends) are not included in reports no matter what the exclusion indicator is. More info below.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8241194-how-investment-transactions-are-handled-in-reports-and-the-spending-plan

Some text from article above

All other Investment Transaction types (such as buys and sells) cannot be included at this time, and you will not have the option to change the exclude settings for these types of transactions.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For the record, I tried my suggestion, it didn't seem to work for me either. I thought that used to work and Coach Natalie had confirmed it at the time (few months ago?). Either it stopped working, or we didn't test the theory enough.

Sorry

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, thanks for posting on this topic!

Rob, I thought we had tested it before as well, but now I'm not so sure. I'm definitely not finding a way to bulk un-exclude transactions from Reports and the Spending Plan now, so I checked the design for Bulk Exclusions and I don't see anything about being able to bulk un-exclude, just bulk exclude.

With that, I went ahead and turned this into an Idea post requesting a Bulk Un-Exclude option so users can vote on it and we can get an idea of how many would use a function like this in Quicken Simplifi. Please be sure to add your votes!

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie