Excluding Money-In/Money-Out Side Missing on at least SOME transactions

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 29 in Report a Bug

My understanding was that for LINKED TRANSFERS I would be able to include/exclude either the Money In or Money Out side of the transfer.

For some reason, I'm not seeing it where I'm expecting to see it, here's an example:

There is just the option there to exclude from spending plan/reports, but not "just one side".

Let me know if I'm misunderstanding how this feature should appear.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The screenshot above is consistent to what I see at the transaction level, which only shows one side of the transfer (in the example above it shows money out of savings going into checking.

When I click on a transfer series under all recurring, I see both sides option. I clicked on Marcus Savings Monthly and selected edit series.

Items show up as expected with Money Out and Money In options.

The spending plan shows both sides of the transfer and I need to unexclude the correct reminder in it if I want to.

Transfer in spending plan, which shows transaction for the month

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Rob,

To see how both sides are handled in one edit screen I think it needs to be setup as recurring and on the recurring transaction edit screen you can see and choose how both sides are handled as far as inclusion/exclusion goes (Settings>All Recurring>Transfers>[Desired recurring transaction]

I believe if you select edit transaction from the register of either side of the transfer (whether it's set up as recurring our not) you will only be able to edit the inclusion/exclusion for that side only. If you want to see the other side to change visibility in the Spending Plan and/or Reports you can click on the "Go to other side" link shown under the amount.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Duhh - Sorry, I forgot there are two separate "transactions" which can be hidden and unhidden separately (in theory, anyway). My bad.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Options

The following:

Doesn't have a hide icon (it should)

As you can see it's marked as hidden

ALSO: Transfers marked with one side unexcluded in this way are not showing up in either the net income report or the spending report. (The other side is unexcluded)

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Options

Unexcluded transfers only show up in spending plan for me, never in reports. I believe transfers are always hidden from reports and watchlists. @Coach Natalie @Coach Jon - can you confirm?

I quote text from support article, text appears above "include a transaction" header.

Note: Transactions with a 'Transfer' Category, including "Credit Card Payment", will always be excluded from Reports, even if you select to include it. Please see here for more details on using Transfers in Quicken Simplifi.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3569626-how-to-exclude-transactions-from-reports-and-the-spending-plan#h_524e8cd912

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If that's the case (it seems to be) maybe it's a bug that for transfer type transactions the 'exclude from reports' option is presented when it does nothing.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@RobWilk, it's always been like that, which is why we have that text in our support article: Note: Transactions with a 'Transfer' Category, including "Credit Card Payment", will always be excluded from Reports, even if you select to include it.

I agree that it would be nice to see this option removed for Transfers, and I'd suggest creating an Idea post so other users can vote on it too. You'd have my vote!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.