Mobile app, total spending, "Everything else"

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 29 in Report a Bug

On the web app, "everything else" on spending report, when tapped, breaks down the categories further. The mobile app does not do this. This inconsistency is very likely a bug.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I expect this is where the frustration expressed in this thread is coming from.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks- - I checked I had already voted for that.

I guess if I primarily used the mobile app, I would've noticed that sooner.

For the last 3+ weeks I've been living out of a hotel (our house was — having work done, unplanned), and soon (within 2 weeks) I'm leaving on a 2 week vacation, so for Feb and Mar I'm using the mobile app more than I normally would. I expect I will find more bugs that other people already know about.

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Options

One thing I noticed that I'm not sure is reported elsewhere is the "spending over time by category" chart on the web app.

On the mobile app, this is a pie chart with no wedges and no way to change it.

Anthony Bopp

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Options

In your screenshot, @ajbopp , you have a filter on for the mobile app. Without a filter, I see parent categories.

With a filter, in my example auto and transport, I do not see any sub categories. Looks like it is supposed to work that way.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My spending over time chart for spending on the web app looks like yours for a single parent category. Looks like the over time chart is only designed to chart parent categories in the web app, not subcategories.

Behavior of the spending over time chart is the same on the mobile app for a single parent category as described above for the web app. Same design.

Minter 2014-2023

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the web app with the filter I've used, I have a bar for the total spending of the selected category in each of the last 6 months. This is not an option for the mobile app.

Anthony Bopp

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It works for the mobile app if you use Reports>Spending by Month. Then, you can filter by category or assign a breakdown by category (parent only), payee, or tag.

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.