Difficulty (Impossibility?) when merging pending and cleared transactions (edited)

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed recently, and perhaps because I'm using a different credit card it's happening more often, sometimes a bank transaction downloads as cleared (or is cleared when I finally notice the balance is wrong) but there is still a MANUAL pending transaction which didn't merge with the cleared transaction — But I cannot seem to merge a manual 'pending' transaction with a bank-downloaded 'cleared' transaction.

Any chance this can be a future-supported option?

Or am I doing something wrong, and this is already supported?

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I normally mark the manual transaction as cleared first and then try the merge when I had trouble like you described. One time I entered a manual transaction as pending with an outdated amount and the bank brought in the transaction with the correct amount. In that case, I deleted my manual transaction and used the bank's version.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you saying, that the problem is with cleared transaction in general (i.e. you can't merge a cleared transaction with anything, pending or cleared)?

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No, the merge does not work with a pending and cleared. I think the status has to be the same on both transactions.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, I can work with that next time.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.