Thinking About Transition from QC to Simplifi

Options
RipleyRon
RipleyRon Member
edited April 9 in Introduce yourself!

Decided to sign up for Simplifi having been a Quicken Classic used for over 2 decades. My initial experiences were not good. Had problems adding accounts as it took almost 10 minutes and then when it finally came back the Continue button was still not enabled (Windows 11, Goggle Fiber 1GB connection). The interface differences are like moving to a different planet. But I guess that is to be expected. There was no way I could see to import old QC data. I have transactions back to the 2000s. That sucks!

If you are a long time QC user that tracks everything down to the penny and always reconciles, you will not enjoy your initial experience with Simplifi. At this point I've spent the money for the first year, but I doubt very seriously I would consider this product unless QC goes the way of the dinosaur (kind of like my 68 year old self).

I will try out the mobile app and see what I think about it. But honestly who really needs a mobile application for this type of stuff. I can't imagine working with transactions/reports on my iPhone. If I want to know account balance or some other detail I just fire up my BOA mobile app.

At this point it appears the juice is not worth the squeeze. :)

RipleyRon

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry that you're having such a bad first impression. I used QC almost as long as you, and I find QS interface to be refreshingly pleasant, though it did take a couple weeks to get used to.

I track everything down to the penny myself, and have had no issues with Q-Simplifi in that regard. What issues have you experienced?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I moved form QC to QS after using QC for +/- 20 years. Never felt the need to import all that back data. I too found Simplifi to be refreshing. It certainly works differently and works when used as designed. Sorry it doesn't fit for you.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9
    Options

@RipleyRon

Welcome to the community. I'm a former Quicken Classic user too (7 years). You're right that it does take some getting used to the new layout, look, and navigation. However, I honestly love Simplifi's more elegant and simple to use style. Unfortunately, Simplifi doesn't yet offer a way to upload your QC dataset. I'd highly recommend doing something I did when transitioning. I downloaded my entire Quicken dataset to a spreadsheet and anytime I need to reference historical numbers (once a year TOPS), I just data-mine that spreadsheet for the answer. When transitioning in 2021, I did a fresh start with Simplifi and haven't regretted it once.

Give it some time to decide…Simplifi gets easier and better with time!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.