Better Simplifi Community integration into the mobile app (edited)

Options
Bgz
Bgz Member ✭✭
edited March 4 in Feature Requests

Currently, we access the Simplifi community on a web browser (either on mobile or computer). I would like a better Facebook like integration of the community into the existing mobile app or in a standalone app. Notifications on posts could also be improved upon. Currently, I get notified by email almost 30 minutes after someone actually replies to a comment or mentions me.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe the forums are not created by Simplifi, it's a solution provided by a third party.

Here's a perfect example of what I mean, take a look at both:

https://community.simplifimoney.com

and

https://community.myfitnesspal.com

Both have similar web addresses (starts with community.xxx…), both interfaces look like customized versions of the same community.

If you're signed into both, the 4 icons appear on the top right in the same order.

The same kind of page selection.

The same flag/quote icons.

Lots of similarities.

Also, Coach Natalie in the past indicated they come from a service provider when I pointed this out in the past.

Put another way, Quicken doesn't create forums, they create financial management software/services. The best you can hope from this, i imagine, is that they request the service provider to do this.

I believe MyFitnessPal put the communities in the app with some kind of integrated web browser when the community link is selected in the app.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk is correct. Vanilla is the provider for this Community. The parent company is Higher Logic.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    Options

Apps make it much easier to access content than with the web browser on a mobile device. In this case, I believe Simplifi should request a standalone app from Vanilla or the parent company for this community. Please vote on it.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Upvoted!

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't downvote, but I didn't upvote either. To me, it's not a priority for this to get done, but I'm not against it.

Rob Wilkens