What is causing the Payee name to get duplicated?

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited April 4 in Troubleshooting

This is not a big deal by any means but I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing something like this:

Something is causing purchases from Amazon to be labeled as "Amazon Amazon" and it bugs me that I can't figure out where this is coming from.

I have no rules set up for Amazon at all. I have several recurring subscriptions but they are all labeled in the spending plan as something like "Amazon - Cat Food"

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

If that is the way the payee is downloading for you in Quicken Simplifi, then you will want to verify if this issue is on our side or the bank's side first. The quickest way to confirm whether or not we're receiving payee names incorrectly is to download a QFX file and open it in a word doc. You'll then want to compare the payee name from the QFX file to the "Appears on your statement as..." info in Quicken Simplifi.

• If the information in the QFX file and Quicken Simplifi matches, then the payee is coming in incorrectly from the bank and there isn't anything we can do to escalate further. Instead, you will need to contact the FI directly to report the issue.
    • If the information in the QFX files doesn't match Quicken Simplifi, we can escalate the issue. If possible, you could provide a screenshot of how the name appears in the QFX file to help us with this if that is the case.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 4 Answer ✓
    Options

@ajbopp,

From here, I can see two things you may want to try doing for now:

1. Since Quicken Simplifi is designed to learn over time, you can manually edit the name of the Payee to see if the behavior begins to improve down the road.
    2. You can follow these steps to establish a fresh connection with the bank in case there's something funky going on with the connection: Make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Let us know how things go!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Answers

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4
    Options

@Coach Jon Here is the only info in the QFX file that mentions the name of the payee.

Anthony Bopp

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon thanks for the tip, but all that is a lot more effort than this issue is worth :D

Anthony Bopp

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp

None of my Amazon transactions have landed in my QS register with the double name, "Amazon Amazon". I opened transaction detail window for 8 or 9 of them and the only difference I say was in the "Appears on your [account] statement as…"

None of my transactions have "Amazon" more than once. I see "Amazon.com" or "Amazon Mktp" but in the ones I checked never both.

Don't know if that has anything to do with it, of course, but that's the only difference I see between my transaction detail and yours.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.