Watchlist Only Reading Transactions for Current Calendar Year

Options
CorMazz
CorMazz Member
edited April 5 in Troubleshooting

Pretty much exactly what the title says. I have a watchlist to track my travel expenses. It only shows expenses in the current calendar year. I don't see a setting anywhere to change that so I think it is a bug.

I definitely have tens of travel transactions last year that I double checked exist in my transaction history and are not hidden.

This issue extends to other watchlists I have made. I am using the web interface to create the watchlists, but the issue extends to the mobile app.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you import transactions prior to this calendar year? If so, QS often seems to only count transactions (i.e. net worth had an issue with this) as of date the account was created in QS.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I imported history since 2014 from Mint and my watchlist displays the history for 2023-2024. I started using Simplifi in November 2023.

Sometimes deleting and recreating the watchlist refreshes the data. Can you try doing that?

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Options

@CorMazz

One troubleshooting step would be to make sure your accounts are including data for at least the past 12 months.

Go to your Transaction page and click on say, "Banking." Under the "Transaction Activity" heading you will see "Showing transactions since…" If you hover over that line a settings gear icon will appear. Click on that gear icon and you will be able to select how many years of data to include. If your transaction history is only showing data since 2024, the previous months in 2023 will not show up in your Watchlists.

Just an idea. Check it out and let us know.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Options

@DannyB - Your post explains the discrepancy. I changed my transaction history settings to be since 2024 and my watchlist now shows only 2024 data.

When I go to the transaction list and change the Since… date, the watchlist shows more data.

I wonder if the bug reported here is related to the bug below regarding behavior of transaction history settings and reports.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.