Options
System
System Administrator admin

Comments

• chevalier
    chevalier Member
    edited March 5
    Options

I am a new user, just moved from Mint today. Mint had the ability to enter future dated trades, and the amount would be subtracted from the available balance. The trade would then be reflected in chronological order in the pending section.

In Simplifi, future dated transactions appear as "reminders" in the ribbon bar at the top of the screen and do NOT decrease the Balance with Pending.

This is counterintuitive and does not help me one bit. If I enter an online transaction for two days from now, I know the money will be gone and want my "spendable balance" to reflect that.

An option to allow for future transactions to show in pending would be very useful.

I am going to use a work-around of entering future transactions as pending using the current date, which is not ideal.

Also, does anyone know if quicken offers the ability to enter future dated transactions? Maybe I have the wrong product.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Options

The projected cash flow chart will show you the expected balance on the account net of future transactions on a future date, but the future transactions do not show up in the register. They show up as reminders under the chart.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3357429-using-projected-cash-flow#h_cae96fbbfb

Below is a feature request that if implemented will help you view future transactions as you want.

@DannyB and @ajbopp will know more about Quicken's future transaction capabilities.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I only wish the Projected Cash Flow graph would have an option to exclude the part of the balance that is set aside to Savings Goals. I consider any amount in a Savings Goal as "unavailable" as far as the account balance is concerned, but the balances shown on the Projected Cash Flow chart include those amounts. So when I look at my projected balances, I am always have to mentally subtract out the current savings goals balances. It would be really nice if the Projected Cash Flow graph had an options to have Simplifi do that mental work for me. I've posted on this before, and there may be a feature request, but I sure hope to see that implemented some day….

Quicken since 1995. Simplifi since 2023.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• brad08
    brad08 Member
    Options

@tobyN For this reason I do not use the Savings Goal feature whatsoever. I have created recurring transfer series in the Spending Plan that only show the money out portion of the transfer. This has 2 effects: decreases my available money in the Spending Plan, and ensures that my future cash flow takes transfers to savings/investments into account.

Using this process I have gotten my future cash flow to show exactly how I want it. It is a shame that the Savings Goal feature is practically useless in current form.

-Brad

Simplifi user since December 2023

This discussion has been closed.