Knoxvilla TVA Emp CU - Payee is now "Electronic Transaction" for debit card transactions (edited)

Options
prestonjr23
prestonjr23 Member

@Coach Natalie Hi…This was an issue in December and you had looked into and it was resolved at end of January. It looks like the issue has returned.

My payee information has recently changed to display as "Electronic Transaction" instead of providing the specific store or vendor name. Previously, I could easily identify transactions, such as those from Home Depot or Trader Joe's. Now, I find myself needing to open my bank website to cross-reference each transaction in order to accurately categorize them in Simplifi.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @prestonjr23,

Sorry to hear the issue may have returned. To confirm the issue, we need a bit of information:

1. The type of account the issue is occurring with.
    2. Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card or bill pay was used)?
    3. Is the issue unique to a specific bank/account (i.e. do you have other banks in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem/do you have other accounts with this bank in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem)?
    4. How does the "Appears on your statement as…" info read for the transactions in question (this can be found in the Transaction Detail view)

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• prestonjr23
    prestonjr23 Member
    Options

@Coach Jon Information below

1. Checking Account
    2. debit card transactions
    3. Credit Union
    4. Electronic Transaction Target Knoxville

Please reference the prior post/discussion on topic from December

Payee is now "Electronic Transaction" for debit card transactions

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@prestonjr23, thanks for confirming!

In order to escalate this, we'll need to gather fresh data from you as follows:

1. The name of the account the transactions reside in, as they appear in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for a few example transactions the issue is occurring with (taking these from the Web App will be much easier and will show all of the data in just one screenshot per transaction, as we will need to see the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as the "Appears on your statement as…" info).
    3. A screenshot of these same example transactions as displayed on the bank's website.

-Coach Natalie

• prestonjr23
    prestonjr23 Member
    edited March 11
    Options
    • @Coach Natalie I did notice that it relates not only to in person transactions with debit card but also web transactions with debit card (Amazon example)
    • [removed data for privacy]

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited April 18
    Options

@prestonjr23, thank you!

I got a new ticket filed for this issue and will let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-9333 // QCS-18098

• prestonjr23
    prestonjr23 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie is there an update on this issue?

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @prestonjr23,

Thank you for reaching out. We do not have an update yet on this issue, but we will let you know when we do! Thanks for your patience!

-Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.