Can I delete a payee?

Options
ihatemorning
ihatemorning Unconfirmed, Member
edited April 5 in Troubleshooting

I need to delete a payee as I named a person to "CK#" and now every transaction that comes from the bank and starts with CK# gets put as this name under the category "Rent" How can I delete the Payee so that I can just edit it later as rent

Tagged:

Best Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried looking for the rules under Settings→Payees and Rules (on web)? (Settings→Rules on mobile?)

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ihatemorning , the Payee list is auto compiled from both individual transactions and your recurring series. Picture it as a long list used to feed autocomplete when typing a payee into a transaction.

If you have these names…

• Transaction #1
    = Company A
    • Transaction #2 = Company AA
    • Recurring Series #1 = Company AAA

Then your Payee list looks like this…

• Company A
    • Company AA
    • Company AAA

If you change the Transaction #2 to Company A, then your Payee list looks like this…

• Company A
    • Company AAA

In order to get rid of a name from the payee list (i.e. the autocomplete list), you’ll have to track down either the transaction or the Recurring series that has that name. As soon as you get rid of it, your payee list will adjust accordingly.

If that doesn’t fix it, then Anthony is correct that you’ll probably have to fix this by creating payee renaming rules. I suspect that the transactions being renamed doesn’t have anything to do with what you renamed the transaction to originally. It’s more likely just how your bank downloads the transactions. Every bank is different.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.

Answers

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My immediate thought is to create a rule, but without more details about how these payees are interacting with one another it's hard to say.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

This discussion has been closed.