An Added Fidelity Account will not appear or import

Options
stuarto
stuarto Member

I have an additional new account associated with my Fidelity login. When I attempt to add it to Simplifi, the account appears on the login checklist, but Simplify reports "You have already added all your accounts at this bank." I have tried to RESET the connection, and even if I check the account to be added during the login phase, it never shows up in the pick list after the connection is made. My other accounts at Fidelity continue to work as expected. I verified that the new account does have "data sharing" permission to Simplifi in the Fidelity Access sharing settings. (The only "odd" thing about this account is that there are not yet historical transactions other than journal entries.)

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @stuarto,

Thanks for reaching out! Just to clarify, are you adding a new account or re-linking an existing account already in Quicken Simplifi?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

Hi Jon — It is a new account. FYI in my latest attempt, I made my existing Fidelity accounts manual, deleted Fidelity as an instituion, and then re-added Fidelity and tried to attach just the 1 new account — which was in the initial pick-list. I still got the error saying all of my accounts were already added! Maybe it takes time for the institution to truly "detach"? When I tried adding back all accounts, the new one was not in the final list to import (although it was in the Fidelity post-login screen)

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

What kind of account are you trying to add? Is the account directly through Fidelity, or is it serviced by another financial institution? What is the login URL (web address) that you use when logging into your account directly?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

Hi Kristina. It is one of several brokerage accounts that I have access to when I log into www.fidelity.com.

(It is one of the accounts that does appear in the checklist when I log in through Simplify's Fidelity Institution "add account" option — but even when I request that account from the list, it doesn't appear in the list of accounts integrated into Simplify)

• Coach Jon
    edited March 11
    Options

Hello @stuarto,

I would have you verify if you perhaps still have a connection with Fidelity. You can do this by going to Settings > Accounts. If you do, I would suggest deleting the entire Financial Institution & start over with adding it again. You will have to use the "Fidelity Inv & Retirement" option. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3453929-how-to-delete-bank-accounts-in-quicken-simplifi#h_6e19d62b11

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

Hi Jon — Yes I tried that as well. After deleting all accounts, I re-created a Fidelity connection. All of my Fidelity accounts (including the "missing" one) were offered on an initial "pick list" titled SELECT FROM YOUR LIST OF AVAILABLE ACCOUNTS…" and I checked them all to be added. But then when the ADD ACCOUNT screen was shown, this one account was missing! All other accounts were there and could be re-integrated. I have screenshots but I am not comfortable posting them.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @stuarto,

Thanks for the information. Did you use the "Fidelity Inv & Retirement" option?

-Coach Jon

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

Hi Jon — Yes I used "Fidelity Inv & Retirement" for all of these attempts. https://nb.fidelity.com/public/nb/default/home Is there an alternative?

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @stuarto,

So that we can be sure that we have exhausted all possible troubleshooting options, can you please try re-adding the account from a different browser or incognito mode? Additionally, what kind of account is this that you are trying to add? (checking, savings, etc.)

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    edited March 12
    Options

Hi Jon — I tried with Incognito mode and got the same result: the account appears in SELECT FROM YOUR LIST … when logging in, but does not show up in ADD ACCOUNT when choosing what to integrate with Simplifi.

The account is a BROKERAGE account at Fidelity,[removed - privacy]. Do you have connection logs on your end to diagnose what might be happening from these attempts?

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

@Coach Jon any suggestions for next steps?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@stuarto, what type of Fidelity account are you attempting to add? Also, how new is the account, and does it have recent activity?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie The account is a regular BROKERAGE account and has had about 6 days of activity.

• Coach Jon
    edited March 15
    Options

Hello @stuarto,

Thanks for the information! If you could please answer the questions below, this will help us determine the next steps.

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    2. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to?
    3. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?
    4. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    6. A screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing that the account in question is missing at account discovery.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?

— Yes during past 2 weeks

Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a
    different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If
    so, what URL are you redirected to?

— No

Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?

— No

The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.

Trust: Under Agreement (ending in 082)

A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the
    page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any
    private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this
    must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

— Attached are 2 screenshots — 1 of the URL and Banner, and the other the list of accounts under Fidelity on that page. The account of interest is circled in RED. All except for the Red Circled account are successfully imported into Simplifi.

A screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing that the account in question is missing at account discovery.

— This is a 3rd attachment.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@stuarto, thank you!

I got a ticket filed for this issue and will let you know when we hear back. Can you also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option so I can attach them to the ticket, please?

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Let me know once done!

-Coach Natalie

CTP-9423

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@stuarto, I heard back from our engineering team on this, and they stated that Fidelity has not authorized the account for access. They'd like you to contact Fidelity, have them authorize the account, and then try adding it again in Quicken Simplifi.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@stuarto, have you been able to take a look at this, by chance?

-Coach Natalie

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie I've been away from a computer until today. Thanks for filing the ticket. Before I reported this to you, I had asked Fidelity about it and they told me that the account was fully authorized for access like my other accounts. But I will reach back out to them today to request they double-verify, and let you know…

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@stuarto, thank you!

I was advised to have you get a ticket number from Fidelity when you contact them again regarding this, as we can use it when investigating from our end.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@stuarto, any news on this?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie — Fidelity confirmed that there is no restriction on that account and that Simplify should be able to import it. They have asked me for a copy of the "OFXLogs and ConnLogs" from Quicken Simplifi to assist their investigation. Is that something you can provide to me? Or do I need to transmit my PC logs to you first? Will post the ticket number shortly…

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

FYI @Coach Natalie I have uploaded my PC logs to you. (I don't have a ticket number from Fidelity as it is being handled by an intermediary firm.) Let me know if it is possible to obtain those OFX and Conn logs, or if you can investigate more thoroughly on your end…

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@stuarto, thank you!

I downloaded your logs and attached them to the ticket from our end. I let our engineering team know what Fidelity is requesting from you, so we'll see what they say. It's most likely that they'll be able to provide those logs to Fidelity from our end, but I'll let you know if that's not the case and we'll go from there. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@stuarto, are you the owner of the missing account, or is this a trust for someone else who is the owner?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie I am the owner, just like all the other accounts that sync correctly.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@stuarto, thank you! I'll be in touch. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie — Fidelity is asking me for a tracking number from your end so they can coordinate. Can you provide that to me? Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@stuarto, the only thing I have is the Inquiry # for the ticket that was filed with Intuit (our service provider). That is Inquiry #111343. Has Fidelity provided you with a ticket number yet, by chance?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• stuarto
    stuarto Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie Any update on this from Intuit? Fidelity tells me that they will not provide me with a customer-facing ticket number for security reasons.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.