New Category Rule

Options
Steve574
Steve574 Member
edited April 11 in Managing Your Transactions

Every time I change the category on a transaction I have to remember to uncheck the "Also set for existing transactions…" checkbox or it changes every previous transaction for the same Payee. I shop for a lot of different things at Amazon. I accidentally changed every Amazon transaction to "Home Improvement".

Give me a way to change a transaction category without creating a new rule or uncheck that box so it isn't on by default.

Thanks!

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Steve574,

Thanks for reaching out. To clarify, are you using the Simplifi Mobile App or the Web Application?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Irun into this a lot too using the web app.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

You should be able to disable the Transaction Rule prompts by unchecking the box next to the "Create a rule to also rename this payee for future transactions" option when editing or entering the Payee of a downloaded transaction, or by deselecting the checkbox next to the "Create a rule to also use this category for future transactions" option when editing or entering the Category of a downloaded transaction, whichever applies. Once this box is unchecked, future transactions will no longer prompt you for a Rule Suggestion.

We also have an idea post to uncheck the "Also apply to existing Transactions" box by default that you can vote for:

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.