Simplifi asking me optimize performance, then what?

Options
Max1223
Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I'm seeing a button from Simplifi asking me to optimize performance.

The next window provides the following choices

If I select for example "Since 2024", what happens to data prior to 2024? Do I need to download it? Will it remove Balances I've imported? Anything else that I'm not aware of?

What happens if I don't Optimize? How will performance be affected?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Max1223

This will simply change the depth of historic data Simplifi will use in your reports, etc.

You won't lose any data and this is a setting you can change when needed or desired.

The setting is always accessible on any Transaction Activity page right under the heading "Transaction Activity."

Hover over the "Showing Transactions Since" and a gear icon will appear. Click on the gear and this selection menu window will come up:

You can then select how much data you want Simplifi to process. More years more crunching, fewer years less crunching.

The optimization button you are seeing is another way into this selection menu.

Hope that helps.

P.S. The "Click to optimize" button you are seeing, I suspect, is universal for all banking accounts. If you go to this menu for an individual account from the accounts list perhaps it will only affect that account. If you access that menu through the section (Cash & checking, Credit, Savings) perhaps it affects all accounts in that group. This I'm not sure about that and the help article doesn't specify:

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Max1223

My understanding is that the data doesn’t go away. You can still get at it in the Desktop App. It just frees up limited resources and processing speed in the Mobile App by not trying to display data older than 4 years old. Again, it doesn’t go away entirely. For your own piece of mind, maybe start with “since 2022” and then check everywhere. Then work your way forward in time by one year increments until you find the right amount of data History that’s right for you.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DannyB thanks for the tip. That a very undiscoverable Gear icon!

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Max1223 Indeed!

I'm not sure if it's always been there or if it was added after a number of users started dumping tons of historic data into Simplifi which affected performance negativelyfor them.

@Flopbot suggestion is a great way to find the level of optimization right for you.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.